What did I do........

19BGN86

Ok, so...
My old lady left for the weekend, and I've been sitting around bored, so yesterday afternoon I decided I would do a little under hood "prettification"..... all in all it didn't turn out to horrible considering it only cost me a couple rattle cans of paint.
20150724_175741.jpg
20150724_175750.jpg

20150724_175801.jpg

Anyways, long story short..... I painted the turbo cover, valve covers the brackets, the alternator, and couple of other various things under the hood... did find a broke vacuum line, but that is beside the point at the moment....
After reinstalling the valve covers, brackets and altenator, I went to crank the car..... it cranked up started and ran, but the voltage light was on.... So, I cut it off and figured I'd check the wiring at the alt. And make sure I plugged everything in and there wasn't any paint disturbing the connection...

Nothing I really see could be a problem..... so hook it back up and try to start it....... she spins over fine but won't doesn't even make an attempt to do anything else............:cry:

What did I do.....

Do you have fuel pressure ? Key on , listen for pump prime .

Find the grey wire with connector on it right behind the alternator & put 12v power to it , pump should start running . If it does run try changing relay and also check fuses .
DSCN0329.JPG

I have prime, when I supply that wire power.....
I just replaced the relay a couple of weeks ago....
I will check fuses when I go back out later after it cools off some outside.

The relay could have gone bad. This stuff that is made in China isn't made to last.

The ECM sends +12 volts to the relay coil to activate it. The transistor in the ECM pops if you even look at it the wrong way. It is easy to replace, I have a post or more in a thread here that shows which one it is along with the one to use (PN2907).

Note that your hood struts are on upside down.

RemoveBeforeFlight

So it ended up being a blown fuse..... FP/INJ..... don't see how that happened. .....

Thanks for the input...

Now I got a new question. ...... Anybody know exactly what size bolts hold the accelerator pedal assembly to the firewall?
The bolts in mine are obviously not right as the whole assy. just flops around......
I hate working behind people who do things half-assed....

Those bolts are self tapping type that screw into inserts in the firewall . They look to be 6mm about 1 1/2" long (10mm hex head ) . Someone probably stripped them . Worst case try running a 5/16" bolt through and put a nut on the other side . You might have to clearance the hole for 5/16" & have help , one inside & one under the hood . Good Luck , Sam