What could this be worth?

JayLashua

Trying to plan how im going to sell my '84 GN..

Right now I assume its only worth $1500-$2000 best.. here why

Rear main seal leaks.
minor surface rust starting to become ugly
paint was keyed up on driver side,
paint has a weird bubble/crackle on the psg side ?

here are pics of the blemishes etc as of 3 minutes ago:
click here

But I want to know how much you guys would offer for it (not necessarily based on if you have the money, but what you feel you might pay for this car)....

if i...

get new bumper fillers
replace the rear main seal (the front seal and timing chain have been done already, 2 months ago)

that would take care of ALL oil leaks (AFAIK!!!)
replaced the headliner, visors, and upper door panels (they're in my other room here, ratty and torn up on top.. ugly)

and I need to replace a busted a/c line so the air will work again.
replace the front shocks.

now you probably seen from my other pics and rantings...

if not, this is the buildup on my car:

engine pics

'87 long block (needs valve seals)
'87 radiator
External tranny cooler
Oil cooler adapter
'87 Stock turbo (rebuilt in good shape not leaking)
tranny may have been rebuilt, i dont know, it acts really damn nice.. it has a '87 servo in it as well!
ATR dual exhaust

when i sell it it will be dumbed down to just the water temp gauge and MAYBE the tach (Sunpro Super tach II)

I will have a custom chip in it and the car will be tuned so there should be NO KNOCK whatsoever as long as theres 93 octane gas in it, right around 15 psi with this setup.

any ideas? I want to be able to make some money on this car if i put anything into it..

i hope my seats never look like that:(

i dont know the value of these cars....for all i know i got totally ripped off...i paid $5300 for mine with a mint interior...new paint w/ some orange peel....105k.....minor mods....

sorry that i cant help ya tho....:confused:

thats a good price.

a mint '84 gn would bring maybe $6000-8000, BUT A mint '87? $13+ .. so yea.. hmm the question is how much would you pay if you saw it for sale "best offer" etc..

142k.. i figured the pics would be self explanitory...

at that mileage it doesnt make a difference anyway, the negine has about half that, etc.

well my friends dad gave me a good deal on mine =) its a 85 t type loaded 94,000 miles straight body only thing wrong with it is the clear coat has started to come off the roof. but... i spun a bearing a short time after i bought it... i didnt know they hadnt changed the oil in 2 yrs =( i swore they told me they did... o well ill get the motor back next week...:D

forgot the price. i would say 2-3k of course price high and do an obo... fix it up and sell for 4-5 i would clean it up really well anyways leave the body work alone, or u can do the prep and take it to a maaco or sumthin cheap and have those peices painted(dont know if maaco or macco i dunno but 300 for full paint job here... )

buy some zanio for the 87.. use it on the 84 before you sell it :) make it nice and purty

whats this worth

jay will you be at the track sat.?if you are we can talk about car. never seen a roach clip on a wastegate linkage!:p

Re: whats this worth

Originally posted by gary brooke
jay will you be at the track sat.?if you are we can talk about car. never seen a roach clip on a wastegate linkage!:p

NEVER? come on man i could show you at least ONE other car that has the same gimmick ;)

I might show up tomorrow morning, but i'll definitely be there sunday.

Originally posted by burnout
If you have a way to get it to detroit I will give you 1500 hundred for it.

Burnout.

its not whether I ahve a way, its whether you have a way. but id rather dump a grand into it and make it nice so i can get an extra $500 profit=/ Id hate to see the car I paid $4000 for, put another good engine into, rebuilt a turbo for, put ATR **** on it, sell for a lousy $1500 cause its starting to look like a POS!! $2000 is the min.. i mean **** i drive this thing all the time. any TR going for $1500 is probably a rust bucket with a blown motor.

FWIW i seen a coulpe people asking $4000 for a '84 regal with grand national parts, mismatched regal interior, SBC motor (looked nice atleast), busted ass header panel, REAL MESS of a car.. MORE RUST THAN MINE .. they were serious too..

I was selling my GN right after 9/11 because of the lack of work had it for sale about 8 or 9 months and almost sold it 3 times. I set the price and the buyers always tried to talk me down or scam me. One guy said he would pay me $9,500 I said I would take it then 10mins later he said he would pay $9,000 I told him to piss off. Another guy said he had $10,000 in cash wich is what I was asking and when I counted the money he was like $1,200 short. My point is set the price real high and let someone talk you down to a price you feel is fair. Good luck but I think once you sell it your going to miss it. :( I'm sure glad I didn't sell mine.:)