What choices are there for engine builders in Houston ?

hemi

So I'm thinking about pulling motor. It's has a noisy lifter tapp I believe. Oil pressure is good on start up but drops over time of driving to 20 psi. Idles differently all the time. Some times after a long drive when putting in park car idles up high to like 2grand.Smokes some times on start up. What's a good place that won't break the bank and what has any one spent on a good rebuild.? Thanks for any input.

20psi hot idle is good really. Mine is about 15-20lbs and one other engine I had was about 10psi.. so long as you have plenty when you hit the gas, don't worry about it. If you have idle problems, it could be the IAC or maybe a vacuum leak.. either way, you need to do diagnosis or replace every vacuum hose. does it have the stock EGR in it?

you can do a rebuild for as cheap as $2500 or less using stock rods and crank with TRW's.. cheaper if you do it yourself to some extent, but that doesn't cover $200 or so in gaskets, etc.

Yeah it has stock egr on car , I have started to replace some of the vacuum lines , I guess I need to buy a scan master. My computer has a data logger installed on it. It was that way when i got the car, so I have never used it or know how.

I would start by checking vacuum lines, cleaning the throttle body and iac - and then go through the iac reset procedure.. could be vacuum leak and/or sticking iac.. but most likely a leak or something... listen for vacuum leaks

Will I be able to reset the sensors without a scan tool or scan master? Because I've never reset these on any turbo car I've had.thanks

you can reset the iac with a paper clip and the tps, you can check that with a multimeter..

what datalogger does your computer have on it? if so, that's your scan tool... just get your laptop hooked up to it.

Yeah those problems sound like runability problems. You need something to scan it. West side performance or G&G is ok for build. If you need help you can always run it over when we have another get together on the nw side. Me and a couple guys do all are own work.

Yeah those problems sound like runability problems. You need something to scan it. West side performance or G&G is ok for build. If you need help you can always run it over when we have another get together on the nw side. Me and a couple guys do all are own work.
Sounds good thanks

We'll guys I'm trying to get the data logger working on my Mac book pro and can't seem to get step 3 going anybody done this before. Mechanical stuff I can do just fine . Tuning seems to be my area that needs work.

I used Westside Machine(performance) They did all the machine work and set up the clearances and I did the assembly to save a few bucks. They did really nice work and actually met me at the shop on a Saturday so I could pick it up. They are usually closed on Saturdays. Good guys there!

Westside machine did mine and I can't emphasize enough how great they are. Now having said that I don't think you need a rebuild, just need to clean your IAC and throttle body and check for vacuum leaks.

Spray some starting fluid around the EGR. Gasket could be leaking.

Thanks guys I'm gonna try and tackle it Sunday , my intercooler hoses just came in, I'm gonna zip tie some of the vac lines also