What car was a complete joke you ran?

me and my park avenue....thats ok though..i can at least destroy rice..and a few mustangs GTs

One day at the track I'm doing a burnout and in the other lane is this 70-71 chevelle big hole in the hood, wheel wells cut-out for the big slicks, open headers, gutted with one race seat. (you know a real race car)

We pull to the line and I run off at leave him badddddddddddd. I went 12.95 to his 14.80. No big deal he's not the frist real race car to see nothing but tail lighths of the Buick.

Now when I get back to the pits my wife tells me that when see was watching me in the burnout box this chic standing next to her turns to and says "I hate when people bring thier junk street cars to the track" The chic was with the guy in the chevelle, after the race she realizes that my wife is with the guy in the street car,see looks over at her and my wife just said, she just smilied and walked away.

I do not have any good storys in my regal, but me and my bud were cruising in his car (94 Z-28) And some kid in a real rustang with cowl ind. wants to go out in the country and race. Ok both of us say with a grin, been a wile since a good race. Well we go and stay neck to neck 3/4 of the way when he starts backing off. We slow down and see tons of smoke pouring out of his hood. We ask hem if he need a tow or ride somewere, no he says "IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME, JUST A HEAD GASKET." We look at each other puzzeld and just bust out laughing at him, smoke em and leave.

Originally posted by turbosam6
I pull up to a light and the driver looks over and has this look on his face like I killed his dad or something, and revs it hard.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!! Damn, I wish I could've seen that expression, priceless!!!!!

In my stolen car, in street trim, coming back from a buddy’s house with a friend in my car we pulled up next to a SN95 Mustang with an exhaust.

Buddy in the car with me kind of looked over at me, so I gave the Mustang a little rev.

The car was in street trim on drag radials, it would go 12.00's all day at a bad track, high 11's at a good track.

Kid in the Mustang INSTATNALLY revved back and looked like he thought he had an easy kill. I knew it was going to be a complete joke, so I loaded up the converter and made about 10-12psi. Light went green and my car went up in smoke. Finally got bored of spinning about the time it shifted to second and pedaled it a bit – my friend in the car said “I have never seen a set of headlights disappear that quickly in my life”.

Mustang never caught back up. I can only imagine the look on his face.

I beat some punk in a Celica with a fart pipe in Souix City, IA when I was on vacation. Was driving my 96 Intrepid with 5 other people and luggage.

bob

Back in '88 I was driving my 75 Monza and some younger kid in a 66 mustang wanted a race real bad. He claimed "with slicks, it runs 9's in El Paso". I told him to meet us at our "track" out of town where everyone went to race. It was a little 289 with a 2bbl car with little 165/80/15 sized tires on it. I had my 327, TH350 with 10" 3000 stall and 3.73's. He did his little one tire burn out and I did a special 40ft burnout for him. :D

We pulled up to the line and when the flag came down, I was out ahead like his car died. I must have beat him by at least 3/4 track. When I got back to the starting line, he said "my tranny skipped second, so you barely got me". :rolleyes: I was pulling down 13.24@108 at the time and I knew he couldn't catch me but that was horrible. He didn't race anyone until after I left for a burger run and still didn't beat anyone. Even the 18 second cars. :)

Going back and rereading some of these posts about minivans and catching people off guard made me remember one funny "race". We were heading out to El Paso to watch some races and there were five of us. All of our cars were down for whatever reasons I can't remember, but a friends dad lent us his turbo Voyager van. On the way thru town to go to Sonic to get our on-the-road dinner, we encountered a mustang guy that the driver (Steve) knew from high school. He "stalled it up" and the mustang guy did the same. Light turned green and we were even for a few feet and then started pulling on him. We eventually got him by about 3 cars and then the four of us who weren't driving got up and got to the passenger side of the van and when he passed us, we all pointed and laughed. The guy was bright red and pissed. Like this. :mad:

When ever I see Steve, we share a good laugh about the good ol' days. :)

It was the obligatory Corolla with a rear wing that looked like a piece of shelving and some homemade braces and the standard issue fart-pipe. Had I been in the GN or the Road Runner I wouldn't have wasted the gas on this yahoo, but since I had the Lincoln Town Car that day, I figured why not.

Originally posted by GNeric
Going back and rereading some of these posts about minivans and catching people off guard made me remember one funny "race".

Me and a bud still laugh about a crotch rocket I caught off guard at a light. We were out chasing parts ~8yrs ago in my old 78 malibu 4dr (2bbl/305). This car was a complete turd to look at but never failed to start and a bought it out of a corn field for 65 bucks so I didnt care that it looked like a pile. Anyways, being summer time we had the windows down (ac broken of course) and were sitting at a light when a guy on a crotch rocket rolls up in the lane beside us. For some reason the donorcycle rider is blipping the throttle like he was getting ready for the race of his life so after a minute of this racket coming through the open window I clicked the column shifter into nuetral and revved the 305 up against the valve springs for a few seconds just for a laugh/ignorance. About the time the motor RPMs are coming down the light turns green and the bike tried to take off like a monkey with his hind end on fire but he botched the launch and killed the engine. As soon as this happed I slapped the column shifter back into drive and matted the gas as my bud yells out "OMG youre gonna beat him!!!". By the time he got the bike refired and launched we were across the intersection laughing as we found it highly entertaining that the crotch rocket just got dusted by 305 cubic inches of 2bbl smog motor with who knows how many miles on it (odometer was broke when I got the car).

Needless to say he went by us like we were standing still shortly afterwords but it was still funny as hell at the time.

Originally posted by GNeric
All of our cars were down for whatever reasons I can't remember, but a friends dad lent us his turbo Voyager van.

Yeah, I've only been looking for one of those for oh, about a year and a half now, rabid fan of www.turbominivan.com :D

I ran a crotch rocket in my 94 Z/28 and beat him. It was a CBR 600 or something like that. I was modded and ran him from 60 to 135 MPH.

He was cool and gave me a thumbs up. I think I either hit his rev limit or fear limit. Either way, it was a fun race.

""Yeah, I've only been looking for one of those for oh, about a year and a half now, rabid fan of www.turbominivan.com ""

He still has that van. Just saw him a week ago and it still runs and doesn't smoke.

I have told this before but here goes.

At an intersection where 4 lanes drop to 2 everyone sits in the right lane and takes a run so they will be ahead of the guy in the left lane before their lane disappears.

Some 4 young punks in a Tempo! pull up next to me laughing because obviously they are going to jump ahead of me at the light.

At the green I nail it and the faces in the Tempo all start to drop as I slowly but surely make my way past them. In just a few hundred feet I cleared them fully in my 1995 Ford Windstar complete with trailer and a Coke machine upright in the trailer.

They trailed way back for the 3 mile cruise before the next intersection.

I was comin back from an MX race in Southwick MA and i pull up to a light next to a Honda Accord all riced out with 4 people in it. I rev it a few times and he does the same so i started buildin a little boost and once the light turned green i instantly pulled a car length even while havin some wheelspin. I got about 2 car lengths before i had to slow down. The thing is i was in a 2003 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Diesel Duallie with a loaded 20' enclosed toy hauler. His car must've weighed 12,000 lbs less than my whole rig and i still smoked him. Funny thing was i was also smokin the tires with all that tongue weight. That was one to remember.

Well, by strange coincidence I had to dispatch a 90-ish muskrat 4 banger that just would not leave me alone coming home the other night. And yes I was in the Lincoln again.........

Had a Honda Civic with a big muffler and wing try to beat me at a light one day when I lived in VA Beach. He jumped at the light, so I nailed it, and had two friends with me. Beat him by about 2 car lengths, or should I say zip codes. I was in my 96 Suburban.

Had a guy in a riced out late 80s Datsun (ok Nissan, but I still call them Datsuns) 240 SX. It had the trash can looking muffler, ground effects, a wing, and a bunch of yellow stickers, so you know it was fast. lol I was sitting at a light in my wife's, totally stock with almost 150,000 on it, 87 IROC 305 TPI automatic, just jamming to some good tunes, with the t-tops out. This guy pulls up to me and revs at me a few times, and him and his buddy are sitting there staring at me. So I turned the radio down, and asked, "is that thing running ok? Sounds like it's only hitting on 4 cylinders." Well that just ticked him off, said it could beat my Camaro, and revs it up a few more times. So I asked him if he had his woodscrews with him, cause I was fixing to blow his doors off. Well, light turns green, I hear him rev up, and that was the last I heard of his car as I left him at the light. He passed me a little bit later on the interstate, and as he went by, he was revving at me again. I just smiled and waved.