What can happen?

mike87we4

On Thursday, on my way to pick up my little brother from school, i notice something on the road. I saw a couple of police vehicles pulling over cars for survey testing. They had the dyno and computers on the side of the road just like at a smog testing place. I figure that most of us aren't smog legal,;) so my question is what happen when they pulled u over and notice that your vehicle is not equip with anti smog devices?:confused: Im in Los Angeles, Ca, and this happen on south Central ave, pass the 91 freeway

Holy Sh**. Thats not cool at all. I was down there the other day. Just another thing to worry about on the road now. Im sure they'd write us all massive fix it tickets.

Run a hollow cat. and leave the EGR on and Evap. cannister.

What else they gonna do?

Can't see them looking inside the cat. after all they are State Employees. :p

They fail you, you put on your good cat. and get a retest. :cool:

Unless of course your car runs real clean without one. :smile:

Not likely in Kali. however. :mad:

U turn and make a run for it. :biggrin:

Only in california........maybe they should try go after the gangs instead of wasting taxpayer money on that crap.

One time I took an old truck of mine to an exhaust shop to get an estimate on a new exhaust, they saw the truck (84 S-10) had no cat on it. They told me a story of how the cops could impound the vehicle if they found it on the highway with no cat on it, and they also told me of how sometimes cops set up random check points with mirrors they slide under the vehicle just to see if you are running a cat. How true this is i dunno.

But don't make a u turn and run! I was going thru a check point once in the middle of the road where the cops were checking licenses and watched someone do that in my rear view mirror and the cops went after him.

Dunno bout California,but in Jersey we can get classic vehicle inspection stickers which exempt them from smog tests.The only requirement is that the vehicle has to be driven under I believe 2500 miles every two years.You have to bring it back to MVA to verify mileage,and get another sticker.May want to check that route.
Those dash clusters are pretty easy to remove aren't they?:rolleyes:

You guys should move to Oklahoma, we don't even have vehicle inspections!:D

amen !! i don't even have exhaust on my car right now, just downpipe, & i've sat right beside cops @ lights & they haven't even turned to look @ my car...i roll on the throttle real easy though taking off :biggrin:

Wow that SUCKS but kinda funny to picture the test equipment sitting on the side of the road. What a bunch of morons.

Well sounds to me like what would happen is, they pull you over, you put your perticular brand of turbo buick up on the dyno and do a real dyno pull then tickets are given and they pack there broken machine up and head home.

Depending on where you live in Texas depends on whether you have emmision testing, but the law states that all vehicles from 1968 and newer must have all original equiptment on them. 25YO vehicles don't have to be tested but the parts have to be there. Fortunatly most of the inspectors couldn't tell what equiptment you're supposed to have.

Even though I live in So Cal, there's a reason I still keep my cars registered in Texas.;)