What bulb numbers for under-dash/hood lights?

Coelacanth

I had no problem finding bulb model numbers for the shift indicator light, which I replaced with a blue LED (looks a lot cooler than just yellowish-white) and the interior courtesy lights, but I'm not having much luck determining what bulbs are used for the under-dash lighting. I saw on Kirban's site that the driver's sides is a slotted bulb while the passenger side has a round socketed bulb. I believe the passenger side and under-hood bulbs are the same model.

I've searched #7663 & #7664 and I'm not finding anything online except for links to Kirban's site. Pretty much every bulb I've looked up has LED equivalents...anybody know what bulbs those are?

I'm halfway there...It looks like a #93 bulb is the correct one for the under-hood and trunk light, as well as the passenger side under-dash light. An #1156 bulb will fit and be much brighter. Still trying to track down what number bulb is used on the driver's side under-dash light.

This might help. A guy a few years ago (Dennis) put a lot of effort in creating this document to document the bulb types throughout the car. Per the document, the drivers is a 906 style and the passengers is an 89.

Attachments

• 87 GN Lamps-R2.pdf
    39 KB · Views: 96
Thanks, Heskahoka...that #89 confirms the passenger side. #93 is the same bulb, but twice as bright. An #1156 also fits, and is even brighter. I'd never heard of a #906 bulb...looking into that now.

I'm picking up LED bulbs to replace the old rear seat courtesy lights (#561), shift indicator light (#194), under-hood & passenger side under-dash lights (#1156) and trying to source an LED replacement for the #906 driver's side under-dash light.

Last edited:
Can you re send the file? It’s not working anymore

I just re-attached it in this post. Grab it while you can and save to your hard drive. This web forum is not great in retaining any sort of attachments long term.

Attachments

• 87 GN Lamps-R2.pdf
    39 KB · Views: 32