What Brand Of Guages?

InHock

Want to put a oil pressure,water temp,and a boost guage in my GN. What brand do you guys use? I guess one company will make all of them in the same style and I do need to get a 30 lb boost guage.Thanks

Autometer would be your best bet in the quantity of styles, colors, etc. It gets pricey when you buy them all at once. My car had VDO guages in it when I bought it, and they are still there. In my opinion I would go with an electrical oil pressure guage. I guess the mechanical oil guages are more accurate, but I would not want the oil in the car to the guage.

I run Autometer Ultra Lite gauges. I had VDO's but the Volt gauge was off by almost 2 volts, the oil gauge was off by 15 psi can't speak for the others.

Mechanical is the way to go but if you prefer electric that's ok too. I use mechanical for oil but to get around the possible oil leak concern I used all braided steel lines and I have a shut off under the hood by the washer bottle area. If I ever spot a leak I can shut off the oil supply to the gauge.

Electric is easier to install but whenever you are in doubt about the pressure and if the gauge is right you will wish you went mechanical. I had this scenario which is why I chose mechanical.

As far as boost gauge goes I would get the 30 psi gauge.

I went with gauges from SpeedHut.com for all of my gauges. You can choose anything from the face color to needle color to backlighting and add your own artowrk if you so choose. Turnaround time was about a week for all 11 of mine.

11.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

Want to put a oil pressure,water temp,and a boost guage in my GN. What brand do you guys use? I guess one company will make all of them in the same style and I do need to get a 30 lb boost guage.Thanks

where are you planning on mounting the gauges? if you want to mount them in the filler panel above the glove box on the passenger side of the dash, shoot me a PM. my car has three gauges mounted there, and i want to get rid of them and put a stock filler back in there. maybe we could do some trading...

novaderrik,I am putting them on the a-piller and down on the console below the radio, thanks. DJ Red Baron, that is a super nice setup on your car, really looks good!! Did you build the dash bezel yourself? Want to do another one?

DJ BARRON, that is a great looking dash. If I didn't have the Cyberdyne digital dash, I would build one like yours.
Tarey

DJ Red is just showing off :p , I like autometer ultra-lite. VDO's seem a little boring IMO, but its all personal preferance(sp).

novaderrik,I am putting them on the a-piller and down on the console below the radio, thanks. DJ Red Baron, that is a super nice setup on your car, really looks good!! Did you build the dash bezel yourself? Want to do another one?
Thanks you, InHock! :)

I actually used a GNX dash bezel from Paul Castle over at WorldofMotorworks.com Buick Grand National Parts & Accessories. He also has some very nice plug-and-play GNX dash conversions with gauges, dummy lights & everything ready to install. :cool:

dude i love your gauges
Thanks booster! :)

DJ BARRON, that is a great looking dash. If I didn't have the Cyberdyne digital dash, I would build one like yours.
Tarey
Thank ya GN! :)

DJ Red is just showing off :p , I like autometer ultra-lite. VDO's seem a little boring IMO, but its all personal preferance(sp).
LOL!! I'm a pic whore... I have tried to stop but I can't! :D That and I like doing some pic-assisted advertising for the people I got my parts from. :cool: