what brakes hold boost better

BOSS 6

what breaks hold boost better when using the footbrake a friend was telling me to go with some S-10 brakes, please somebody help because I dont want to use the trans brake on the street:cool: :cool:

what breaks hold boost better when using the footbrake a friend was telling me to go with some S-10 brakes, please somebody help because I dont want to use the trans brake on the street:cool: :cool:

Sounds like he gave you a fraction of the info you need--ask for wheel cylinders for an '85 S10 without power brakes; they have a 7/8" bore as apposed to the Buick's stock 3/4" bore and therefore have more clamping power. Another thing to upgrade is the shoes; Kirban Performance sells a set that gives you 4 large shoes (instead of 2 large and 2 small) which increases the contact area with the drum, and they're also a softer compound which also increases holding capacity. I haven't done all this to my car yet; just been reading up on it and talking to people for a while. I have all the stuff to do it but I'm also going to order a linelock and braided stainless brake lines (won't expand under pressure, which means I'll have a firmer pedal and yet more holding power) so I can do everything at once.

what brake system do u have now? i can hold 20 psi on the foot brake with hydroboost and stock rear brakes