What brake system?

BADazzBUICK

NO!!...its not a MONTE!!!
My car is in the body shop. I had to move it and noticed that damm brake light was on, and the pedal was rock hard. I replaced the acc and vacuum swith a couple years ago.My question is should I get this PM fixed (again) or go vacuum? My car had a lil trouble holding boost at the line,and Im scared that the vacuum wont hold boost. You guys running vacuum, how much boost were you able to hold compared to the PM? This paint job is killing my pocket and dont really have the money to put in to this PM and would like to go vacuum.Plese any info would be GREAT,ThanX.

My advice to you and anyone else on the fence about switching is this: A Vacuum system is a snap to upgrade to, cheaper replacement parts and well liked by many. In my opinion the Powermaster is a Dinosaur that works great WHEN it works. The trouble with it, is that it is unreliable, dangerous and expensive to maintain. If money is no object, you could go with a Hydroboost. I hold 15 to 18 lbs of boost with my Hydroboost easily. No need for a transbrake here. Just a different way to go. As far as holding boost with Vacuum brakes I couldn't tell you.

My advice to you and anyone else on the fence about switching is this: A Vacuum system is a snap to upgrade to, cheaper replacement parts and well liked by many. In my opinion the Powermaster is a Dinosaur that works great WHEN it works. The trouble with it, is that it is unreliable, dangerous and expensive to maintain. If money is no object, you could go with a Hydroboost. I hold 15 to 18 lbs of boost with my Hydroboost easily. No need for a transbrake here. Just a different way to go. As far as holding boost with Vacuum brakes I couldn't tell you.

Exactly but with Vac & a few tricks (never drive in the rain!!) I can Easily Hold 15+ lbs at will. Saw about 17 last time but its Way too much for the DR tires to hold. 10 is all u need with a good converter etc. I dumped the Power Monster in 92 I dont care for them at all!

Exactly but with Vac & a few tricks (never drive in the rain!!) I can Easily Hold 15+ lbs at will. Saw about 17 last time but its Way too much for the DR tires to hold. 10 is all u need with a good converter etc. I dumped the Power Monster in 92 I dont care for them at all!

You can hold 15# with the vacuum brakes? I would be very happy with 10#. I think Im going to make the switch to vacuum,and just get a trans brake when Im making more power.