what boost level?

stickybones

What?
Next time I'm at the track, I hope to be running Sunoco 111 leaded with a JC110 chip from Cottons. Since I sometimes only get 3 runs in a night, I don't want to waste a run tuning if I don't have to. With the leaded gas and the race chip, what's a good starting point to set my boost at? My setup is in the sig below. I use Scanmaster to monitor the car's behavior and I plan on having a fresh heated O2 sensor in there for the runs.

Thanks
Mike

I am conservative. I would do first @ 21 and if all was good go to 23 and then if all good go to 25.

:eek: WOW! That high? I was gonna start at 15 and go from there figuring that the timing is gonna be about 10 degrees more than my street chip. 21+ psi is awesome. Thanks.

Ummm, ya. 110 chip, 111 race gas (assuming you get all or most of the pump gas pumped out of the tank), you should be able to easilly start at 20-21# of boost on the first run and watch for knock retard.

I don't think Sunoco makes 111 Octane leaded race gas. Do you mean 110 or 112 which Sunoco makes? Either one you should be very safe at 21-22#s of boost starting off. If you see knock LIFT your foot. As mentioned before get all the pump gas out that you can.

Remember even if you get it all out there's still about a gal or so that will still be in the tank no matter what. This will cut into your over all octane numbers a bit if you only add 5 gals or so of race gas. Hope this helps.

I am conservative. I would do first @ 21 and if all was good go to 23 and then if all good go to 25.

I'm just the opposite:D I'd start with 24psi then go up.. But I don't recommend it for just anybody.. I'm a bit more hardcore than most..

Either way Good Luck and post the results when done!!

ks:D

I'm with kevins. Start at 23-24 and work your way up. I would have at least 6-7 gallons of race gas in the car. I always do a few wot blasts before I go to the track. No sense in trying to get it into tune at the track. Get it tuned before you get there and then tweak it a little at a time.

Drthv8r...a Sunoco station near my house sells leaded gas at the pump. The octane sticker on it says 111. Go figure. I'm looking around to see what else is out there...besides what they sell at the track.

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm gonna attempt to drain the tank from under the hood. Hope I don't blow myself up doing something stupid.:rolleyes:

One way to tell is if it's Purple in color it's 110, 112 is Blue in color. Heck maybe that station mixes to two to get 111 octane...LOL