What are your experiences with new 169 Walbro pump?

TIMS87GN

I've been leaning out on top end with my current pump and I was encouraged to get a new one. Since my pump has been in there since 2000 it seemed a reasonable idea to replace it. I ordered the new improved Walbro from Full Throttle and installed it yesterday, but due to rain I have not been on the road yet. In the mean time, I wanted to see if anyone has used this new design which is a new "169" pump from Walbro. Curiously, the pump I removed was a 340M dated from late 1999. The inlet on the new pump is smaller than the 340M, but I read somewhere that the new 169 will out flow it. I'm unsure. I want to know if anyone is having delivery problems with the new 169 pump, particularly if you're running low 11s - high 10s. I am NOT trying to cast ANY doubts on Full Throttle, so don't think that I am. I simply want to hear anyone's real word experience with this new pump design. I have been following Mike's outstanding work with the entire Walbro failure issue and think that he has done an OUTSTANDING job at stepping up to advise Walbro of the problems and getting them addressed. This is why I bought this pump from him, I trust him. I admit I am curious about the Denso pump, but I am not comfortable with the idea until its been in use on our cars for a while.
Please let me know how this new Walbro pump is doing on the track. I am very curious. I don't want to pop another HG this summer!;)

Tim