What are the original colors paint for the Regal ?

JFKen

Hi everybody !

I'm searching a catalog or brochure with all colors available for my Buick (Sport Coupe 1980) but don't found anything...

If you know something about that I'm interested :D

thx a lot :wink:

any place that sells automotive paint can hook you up with all the color options and their codes.

You could find a paint chip manual. Auto body shops use them to match colors. Try finding an old one on the internet that matches your regals year. BTW, do you know the color of your regal?

I found a website once that listed all of the color options and years but I dont have it in my favorites. Try looking for paint suppliers.

In France ? :D
why not? GM has a presence there, and i'm sure that the colors they used in the USA on Regals were the same colors they were using on Opels and what not over there, just with different names.

I see.. thanks ;)

I know someone who's worked in the swiss assembly plants and has an incredible knowledge about GM, and lot of factory tech resource...

AutoColorLibrary Color Chip Selector

Here are some charts that you can use. I don't have a breakdown on what colors were available for your 80 SC. You might be able to find a chip chart or a sales brochure with that info on eBay or the internet.

Try the brand name BASF. From what I understand they are the major supplier of paint in Europe. Kind of like what Dupont is over here.

Tanks for the link :wink:

The big band in europ is 3M, but there is some other good paint maker here.
The most important is find the code of GM paint for my regal (was mettalic light blue , but maybe i prefer an other color :cool: ).

Thanks a lot again TurboFish :)

Your paint codes should be on the cowl tag. That would be the tag on the drivers side of the firewall above the steering column and below the windshield. Look for the numbers ending in these letters.
L=Lower paint code
M=Middle paint code
U=Upper paint code

Most single color cars only have the U code. For example your paint code should look something like 22U.