What are the best replacement speakers for....

FLAT BOOSTED

I just bought the Pioneer DEH P77DH that is powered by the mosfet 45 watt x 4 internal power. What would be the best way to go without having to cut up the car. I need some help here with what would be good for the dash....tweeters or spkrs, rear deck spkrs, and possible door spkrs since mine doesnt have door speakers originally. Possibly a sub in the rear deck or something like that without having to buy any additional amps. I want to keep it clean looking and still have clear clean crisp mids and highs with a little thump. Its been 25 yrs since I have changed out a stereo and was into the car stereos. But I cant stand it anymore....the stock system suxxxxxxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Thanks in advance for any help here friends,
Dave

Flat Boosted, if you're still looking for speakers, I can post or PM you what I just got. Replaced the dash & deck, and added a small powered sub.

Flat Boosted, if you're still looking for speakers, I can post or PM you what I just got. Replaced the dash & deck, and added a small powered sub.

I appreciate it, but I bought polk 6x9 's and polk component 5 1/4's and tweeters. Cant wait to put in...should sound gtreat. Thanks

Both are great speakers and have hard core fans. Mine is a simple system.... the pioneer stereo head unit that is perfect for our cars, its 1.5 din and has a mosfet 45x4 internal amp that will be pushing the polk db691's and polk component db5251. My research led me to believe that the internal amp is strong enough to push those speakers well enough to make the car sound just fine compared to that rotten factory system. The speakers were bought online at great savings over crutchfield and brandsmart etc prices.....$215 for the spkrs and it included shipping. Total with the head unit was $400 exactly. Cant wait to hear it.

Anybody have a similar system? how does yours sound?

Dave

Both are great speakers and have hard core fans. Mine is a simple system.... the pioneer stereo head unit that is perfect for our cars, its 1.5 din and has a mosfet 45x4 internal amp that will be pushing the polk db691's and polk component db5251. My research led me to believe that the internal amp is strong enough to push those speakers well enough to make the car sound just fine compared to that rotten factory system. The speakers were bought online at great savings over crutchfield and brandsmart etc prices.....$215 for the spkrs and it included shipping. Total with the head unit was $400 exactly. Cant wait to hear it.

Anybody have a similar system? how does yours sound?

Dave

Which head unit are you talking about?

Kenwood deck.
Kicker 4x10
Infinity Kappa 3.5
Infinity Kappa 5.25
Kicker 12 Soloflex
Rockford 360
Rockford 720

It's awesome!!!

I appreciate it, but I bought polk 6x9 's and polk component 5 1/4's and tweeters. Cant wait to put in...should sound gtreat. Thanks

Hello,
Did you install those Polk 5-1/4 in your doors? Did you have to do any mods to make them fit b/c of high tweeters,either to doors or to the grilles? Do you remember which polk speakers you used? Thanks

Is a 5.25" speaker the proper size for the door? Would like to upgrade the dash and door speakers. I'm looking for a simple setup in the GN. Got a older pair of Boston Acoustics FX3 6x9s I'd like to finally put in.

Doors - 5.25's
Dash - 3.5's
Rear Deck - 4x10's , but you can buy 4x10 to 6x9 adapters online

Watch for the height of the tweeter for your replacement choices

I WAS a fan of the pioneer mosfet 45X4 internal amp, until I replaced it with a (low end) alpine that KILLED the pioneer's power ability. This was running 4 5 1/4 door speakers and nothing else. The pioneer's eq was superior to the alpine's but the alpine's amp was noticeably better. The pioneer would clip running the 4 polk audio 5 1/4s.