What are realistic expectations for my combo @ 1 mile above sea level?

cecil bass

Ok, I'm almost ready to get all these parts installed and want you guys take on what it can do at the high elevation that I'm at with my WE4.

5957 bb w/ 4" inlet
Precision stock location IC
3" exhaust w/ cat
Wideband plx
3" Dp
#60 injectors
Alky control kit
62mm TB
Cold air kit
Ported heads
Tr6 unit

Right now my car is in the shop getting new body bushings, tubular A- arms and control arms new shocks and springs all the way around and new Steering components

Next it's going to Phoenix to Nick micale :D to get a stock rebuild and install the above parts w/ tune. I'm asking cause I know a lot of you guys will know better than me what to expect with these parts. My goal is low 11's. Just would like experts opinions and I know there's a lot of you guys on here!!!
Thanks

Deep 11's mabe a tad more with traction and 25+psi..Depending on the converter and 60ft.

Nicks max ported irons are awsome. You'll be pleased with the above mods for sure

Last edited:
Ok, I'm almost ready to get all these parts installed and want you guys take on what it can do at the high elevation that I'm at with my WE4.

5957 bb w/ 4" inlet
Precision stock location IC
3" exhaust w/ cat
Wideband plx
3" Dp
#60 injectors
Alky control kit
62mm TB
Cold air kit
Ported heads
Tr6 unit

Right now my car is in the shop getting new body bushings, tubular A- arms and control arms new shocks and springs all the way around and new Steering components

Next it's going to Phoenix to Nick micale :D to get a stock rebuild and install the above parts w/ tune. I'm asking cause I know a lot of you guys will know better than me what to expect with these parts. My goal is low 11's. Just would like experts opinions and I know there's a lot of you guys on here!!!
Thanks

Just ask Nick, if he's building it for you he'll know how it will perform. Nick is super knowledgeable and very easy to talk to. There's no such thing as a stupid question with Nick. Your in good hands!

I lived a mile and a half up. I had to add timing initially to try to get spooled up around town, over a decade ago though. Think about getting more stall in the converter to get the revs up.

Definitely need a 3000 stall converter to spool the turbo at this altitude. The 5957 also us going to run out of steam a lot quicker but the ported heads will help with that. Should be good for low 11's though.

Definitely need a 3000 stall converter to spool the turbo at this altitude. The 5957 also us going to run out of steam a lot quicker but the ported heads will help with that. Should be good for low 11's though.

Even with a .63 e/h ? Bison told me I would spool like a mad beast with the D5 converter with the .63

Not spool. It will spool super fast, I meant that it would support less horsepower at this altitude. I just realized that it said BB and with the .63 you should fly. Only way to find out is to take it to the track.

I will be moving back to phoenix soon I hope to touch the 10's by then..... if not I will upgrade to a 6262 BB.

its on this lil motor stock ci

And if Cant do it ill have to buy a larger turbo an throw this small stage motor in it!

Last edited:
3,770lb car stock long block 48k miles went 10.97 blowing through a 9x11 converter only 60ft a 1.68