what are good winter tires?

slow87

My 4x4 92 blazer finally crapped out on me, and I'm now driving a 2wd half ton. It's stuck in the driveway as I type. :mad: Other than blizzaks(used before, and they sucked) can someone recommend a good snow tire?

When I had to drive my Cutlass 1 winter with the Buick 455... I used some 235/75/15 Goodyear pathfinders, came off of a jeep.

They worked real good with some weight in the back (80lbs of salt bags).

IDK, studded tires or you could put on some chains.
Just remember to remove the chains when the streets clear or the pavement with be a flying.

BFG AT's are awesome tires in the snow, they'd work great on your truck. They're a bit pricey now, though...

BFGAT.jpg

I've never had an issue with the Blizzak's, what model did you have? I've had a few sets of the WS-50's and now the 60's. I live in Erie, PA and they get some insane winter up here and they've never left me stuck. The LM models are alot less aggressive I think. Maybe it was one of those?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out, but will probably go with whatever is cheaper( Hoping to sell this truck soon)

I've never had an issue with the Blizzak's, what model did you have? I've had a few sets of the WS-50's and now the 60's. I live in Erie, PA and they get some insane winter up here and they've never left me stuck. The LM models are alot less aggressive I think. Maybe it was one of those?

I can't remember, but they didn't look very aggressive. They were the only "snow" tire I could find for 17's back then.

IDK, studded tires or you could put on some chains.
Just remember to remove the chains when the streets clear or the pavement with be a flying.

Flat out illegal here:frown:

If you have Belle Tire stores in IL, Kelly brand WinterMark's. They are cheap old school belted tires that really grip. I wouldn't put them on a Cadillac, but for an old truck they're great. My mom delivers mail in an AWD Subaru and she puts four of those babies on every winter and never gets stuck :D