2.5 tail pipes
No Cat.

Would it be too loud with straight thru mufflers like a
Cherry bomb
Thrush
or
Dynomax - ultra flo bullet/round

What do you think?

When i worked at midas i installed a monti ss exhaust pipe and tail pipes and then just installed elbows between the two. i never got stopped. i had no cat and a hooker down pipe. car sounded pretty cool.it was a little too loud. now that im older i will probably put mufflers back on it. but it did sound cool.

Oval Ultra-flows here. Driven with them for years now. Not too loud, hardly any drone.

3" stainless.no cat i had pit bulls - wayyy too loud and drony.i then went to magna flow and they were ok. i then bought a pair of crappy summit 3" that neck down to 2 1/2. man it finally sounds ok too bad it knocked 4-5 psi of boost off the top(21-17). just think about what your willing to live with. i always had v-8s and never dreamed a v-6 could have such an annoying exhaust sound. but you gotta pay to play.

unreal that i am back to this one :mad::mad:

my off center in/center out mufflers interfere with my new rear Hellwig sway bar.
So in order to put this dam sway bar in i have to replace them with center in/off center out in order not to have to redo my custom y pipe.
my other option is straight through mufflers.
BUT
my current mufflers are a bit loud and wouldn't want to make the car any louder.
WTF to do?

any one have a sound bite of straight through mufflers??????

sorry no sound clips but after having 3 different pairs of mufflers on mine i can say it will definately be louder. good news is you'll more than likely get more power out of the deal. my gn has 3"magnaflow straights on it and it is bearable after the dynamatting and i currently have a 6.0 turbo regal with a 3 1/2 " single shot over the axle and the pypes straight thru.it is one of the best sounding mufflers i have ever had.

will flow way better than the chambered "turbo" design muffler that shouldnt be anywhere near a turbo car LOL

Get them on and then save some cash and replace them David. Then you can tell the difference between glaspacks and good mufflers and report back.:smile:

Thanks for the advice guys
Like I said. I went with the dynomax race bullets
Which are reversible and aren't louvered I hope that they don't sound too dam loud
I'll post up a sound clip once its done