What a gomer!

URSPANKED

Pulled up at a garage yesterday and this '02 Camaro pulls up beside me and threw a couple of revs. I just ignored and got out of my car. A young guy gets out and wants to see under the hood. I show him and he says, "Will those add a lot of horsepower?" (pointing to the turbo). I said, "Yeah.". He asked me what the car runs and I said, "11.60s". He said, "Oh, you could barely beat me. Mine runs 12. It's all stock and makes 400 hp.". He said, "You want to run for pink slips?". I said, "No, there's too many things that can go wrong. Besides, I don't want to take your car away from you.". He kinda looked funny.
Oh, he knew his car ran 12s because he timed it with a stopwatch! :rolleyes:

BWWhahahahah!
Those Camaro boys think they're somethin.
Thanks for sharing.

zeus87gn said:
BWWhahahahah!
Thanks for sharing.

Not all of us are idiots. Some of us know a thing or two about making power.

URSPANKED said:
Pulled up at a garage yesterday and this '02 Camaro pulls up beside me and threw a couple of revs. I just ignored and got out of my car. A young guy gets out and wants to see under the hood. I show him and he says, "Will those add a lot of horsepower?" (pointing to the turbo). I said, "Yeah.". He asked me what the car runs and I said, "11.60s". He said, "Oh, you could barely beat me. Mine runs 12. It's all stock and makes 400 hp.". He said, "You want to run for pink slips?". I said, "No, there's too many things that can go wrong. Besides, I don't want to take your car away from you.". He kinda looked funny. Oh, he knew his car ran 12s because he timed it with a stopwatch! :rolleyes:
-----------------------
I don't want to be the new Gomer here, dude, but my guess is that he might have had a little more going for himself than you are aware of. Otherwise, I find it hard to believe that even a young adult might be lame enought o reallr go for pinks. I wouldf approach somebody like that cautiously when it came time for a real race.

Wells said:
-----------------------
I don't want to be the new Gomer here, dude, but my guess is that he might have had a little more going for himself than you are aware of. Otherwise, I find it hard to believe that even a young adult might be lame enought o reallr go for pinks. I wouldf approach somebody like that cautiously when it came time for a real race.

Quoted for truth.

You should hear my buddy (he gets street races for me) dumb it up for races. You'd think we were doing good to even get the car started and driving! He does it because I can't do it with a straight face. That and sometimes I reveal too much info about the car and scare potential races off. I carry a 472 RWHP dyno sheet with me, its real. My belt slipped and made 6 psi instead of 14. I love to show it to people, sad thing is it still impresses half of them.

Wells said:
-----------------------

You're absolutely right, and that thought crossed my mind. He was just textbook ignurnt, if you catch my drift. He also told me that he could get one of "them turbo's" for $90 on the internet.

turbosam6 said:
Quoted for truth.

You should hear my buddy (he gets street races for me) dumb it up for races. You'd think we were doing good to even get the car started and driving! He does it because I can't do it with a straight face. That and sometimes I reveal too much info about the car and scare potential races off. I carry a 472 RWHP dyno sheet with me, its real. My belt slipped and made 6 psi instead of 14. I love to show it to people, sad thing is it still impresses half of them.

I can keep a poker face and claim its stock or just say like cold air intake or exhaust and tires or something but some of my friends can make it sound like we don't even know what motor is in the car. Some people fall for it some don't.

Sometimes I'll be talking to someone and they are ignorant and I'm thinking "they have gotta be trying to bait me because no one can be that stupid" but most of they time, they really are clueless. Like this guy who told me he ran 11's with a 1.5L non vtech Civic w/ intake, exhaust, and some underdrive pulleys. I asked him what kind of tires he was using, he bent down looked at the tires on the steel wheels and said "I ran it with these Goodyear Integrity's on it so it'd probably be faster if I had a slick". I saw him take off and give it hell he'd be lucky to run 17's. He must have been telling me his zero to sixty times and not his 1/4 mile times.

zeus87gn said:
BWWhahahahah!
Thanks for sharing.
no we know we are ;) jk,you must be talking about ricers...i came next to this nice looking turbo ricer car done pretty nicely and he wanted some of my 68 camaro,so i asked is that thing fast,he said ooo ya,i said well i guess ill only give you 5 car links,he laughed and realized i was serious..i sat at the light and let him leave and as i flew by him i slowed to hop it next to him a little before going full throttle,so i guess i knew something he didnt,like....im going to spank your ars hard...

I can just picture his face when he relaized yu were really giving him 5 cars LMFAO!!! And then his panic'd attempt to make those five cars count!! OMG I can't take it!