Went to track--PIZZED off

BADazzBUICK

NO!!...its not a MONTE!!!
Ok,went to the track 3 weeks ago,best run was a 13.02 @ 106 mph,with a 2.0 60ft.That was on 215-65-15 bf street tires.Went to track yesterday,with 275-50-15 drag radials,thinking I would 60ft better and hit high 12's-WRONG-,best run was 13.67 @103,2.2 60 ft.The car really felt like a dog out of the hole.The car is basically stock except for hooker cat back(test pipe),009 inj,adj fuel press reg,reds xp pump- volt booster-93 chip,janis trans,valve springs,both runs were with 19# boost(stock turbo),locked stock converter,and 110 oct,and 0 knock.I started the car this moring and found the elbow to downpipe gasket is letting some smoke out,could that be the problem?ThanX in advance.

The elbow gasket is not hurting you. All the stock stuff is.:)

A stock build to reach 12's on 19 psi is hard to do especially with 2.0 60' times.

If you're using 110 oct fuel, i'd invest in a race chip cause that
low timing 93 chip is holding you back. on that chip with 19lbs
of boost 100 oct would be just fine.

I bet you are running too rich, and its not spooling for crap off the line. Who's chip is it? Like was mentioned, run a race chip with race gas, it'll pick up.

Drag radials are not track worthy unless you are a very skilled driver

if you want to go fast(er), get slicks

(plus don't believe most of what you see on this board regarding drag strip performance....it isn't as easy as you think...or others imply)

Best thing to do is go to a track rental or an empty track on test and tune night.

Practice with tire pressures and air bag pressures (if you have them) to get the car to 60 ft. down consistantly at 1.9 or so.

Gotta be able to do better than 2.2 with those tires on at least 4 out of 5 passes even on a crappy track.

What drag radials were you using?

What was your launch boost at?

You probably could have run 21-22 psi. boost on that gas with that chip.

Keep an eye on your oxygen sensor after using race gas.

Thanx for replies.Turbo sam6,I'm using REDS 93 chip,I heard they run rich?Started the car a few hours ago and fuel pressure was at 47#(line off):eek: .My fuel pressure has been jumping around a little bit lately,I put it at 43#(line off),shut it off for a few hours and check it,and it would be at 40#(line off),raise it,same thing!?Then today its at 47#:confused: ,do regulaters go bad,mine is 2 years old?The more I think about it I had to be running real rich.

SalvageV6,
my tires are bfg,launch was 4-5# soon as tree started coming down, I put it to the floor.The tires didnt break at all,thats why I was thinking exhaust leak was the prob with the 60's.

THANX

Yeah, reds chips are VERY rich. I picked up lots of power just by switching to another chip. Just couldn't tune the car very well with Reds. Lots of guys run fast with them though. FP will vary slightly from day to day, but you'd better back it down with that chip!

yeah you need to practice practice practice on the launch. 110 is a total waste if you have a 93 chip the timing / fuel is way out for that fuel
Get a 100 oct chip ,turbotweek Eric is good as it gets . air them tires at 16 psi rt and 18 psi left. foot brake it as hard as you can hold it down. you should be able to cut 1.7-1.8's all day on those tires at that psi and a light burn out.
expect some 12.8-12.9 with a strong tune.
been there done that;)