Went to the 1/8 mile drags today

bogie1

My GN is laid up waiting for my new turbo but I went to watch the street cars run @ Piedmont 1/8 mile Test and Tune today.

Here is some of the ET's I rememmber for some cars.
4 Cobras not sure of the years but I think 1 was an older one and the other three were new ones.
The older one ran a 8.8
Two ran consistant 8.3 everytime up.
The one ran a 8.0.
Dodge Hemi truck 8.8
Ford Lightining truck 8.3
There was a black NHRA 2002 Firebird that was running 7.9's.
Most of the generic Nova's, Chevelle's and Camaro's, ETC with Slicks and snorkels were running 6.8's to 6.6's.
No GN's showed.

With my stock turbo, 50#'s, trans plus, extender chip, 3" ex + DP, Alky and BR Goodrich Radial TA's (not drag radials) I was running 8.1- 8.3 with a 2.1- 2.2 60 ft.

It would have been a lot of fun today to race the other street cars.
Maybe more fun next week with the CPT65 and 10" wide GN wheels, and MT ET street radials.
I have always run the the BF Goodrich TA's for the lat 18years ever since the original Eagles fried up. I can't wait to get a good 60' time. I have never had anything better than a 2.0 60ft.
I just hope I have a cracked flex plate instead of a bad thrust bearing. I won't know until I can install the new turbo and pull it out of the shed to diagnose the noise.
Damn, I love the drags.

did you take any pics for the rest of us to see?

i love going to the track, im there 3 times a week either watching or racing-

of course ours doesnt open for another month!

BW

Where do you live? I sometimes go to Piedmont, also Roxboro, Rockingham and Fayetteville. I did'nt even know the tracks were open yet. Let me know the next time you are going, I can meet you there.

Seeya,
Piedmont opened a few weeks ago for Sunday test and tune. I am headed there this Sunday if it doesn't rain to ET my wife's new 05 GTO. My GN just ain't ready yet to race.
Here is the link for Piedmont website. It has the schedule on it.
www.piedmontdragway.com
Maybe I will see you there.