Went to look at the new GT500?

miked

Went there with the boss (wife) tonight. The list price was 43K, and a 20k additional dealer mark up? Asked why, the salesman who sold me several new Trucks over the years said. They are only making a limited amount, none next year. When he saw the car he though of me? Left the Stealership in a hurry. What do you guys think? Thanks Mike D.

saw a new 500 run today at irwindale. Hoping he would better his time from last week which was 8.70 @ 87. Today he ran a 8.30 @ 96. This is his best run to date and i've seen him @ the track for about 4 weeks straight, every thursday. Stock of course, but im not impressed at all. Anyone wanting one should just get a z06.

could always buy the v6 version and drop in a racing motor, with all the goodies fuel management, tranny, rear end, and huge hourse power you would still be wayyyy below the asking price for a new gt 500.

just my 2 cents though, what do i know. Not very much other then wat i saw today, and i wasn't impressed.

Ill wait till they come down after the hype wears off :cool: .... ohhhh back in 86-87 there were a LOT of 14 sec stock Buicks ...ummmm matter of fact there are a lot of 14 sec Buicks NOW :eek:

XxDarkSidexX said:
saw a new 500 run today at irwindale. Hoping he would better his time from last week which was 8.70 @ 87. Today he ran a 8.30 @ 96.

96 mph in the 1/8th is hauling ass for a stock car that stickers for $45K.

A stock C6 won't be aywhere near 96 mph in the 1/8th (probably only 90).

When the stupid $20K markup goes away, these will be a pretty cool car for the money.

All for the name, big deal. It will never be worth the coin the originals Shelbys of the 60's 20-30 years down the road. Better to pick up a GT and for around $5500 puchase the Roush supercharger set up. Same HP/performance, does not void the factory warranty and you'll keep $35-40K in your pocket.

You guys have no idea how much of a markup some dealerships are getting up here. Yesterday, I had to go to a local dealership in my neck of the woods. My buddy sent me $20,000 Canadian ( non refundable deposit) to order one for him. Delivery is in May 2007. He works up in northern Alberta on the oil sands. The best deal he found was $100,000 Canadian. I told him he was nuts several times, but he wanted it anyway. I am still shaking my head. He ordered a silver grey with the big stereo and stripe delete. I would imagine for that kind of money, I could find some other options with far greater potential. Crazy Huh?

XxDarkSidexX said:
saw a new 500 run today at irwindale. Hoping he would better his time from last week which was 8.70 @ 87. Today he ran a 8.30 @ 96. This is his best run to date and i've seen him @ the track for about 4 weeks straight, every thursday. Stock of course, but im not impressed at all. Anyone wanting one should just get a z06.

could always buy the v6 version and drop in a racing motor, with all the goodies fuel management, tranny, rear end, and huge hourse power you would still be wayyyy below the asking price for a new gt 500.

just my 2 cents though, what do i know. Not very much other then wat i saw today, and i wasn't impressed.

What do those times translate to in the quarter mile????

Kma697 said:
What do those times translate to in the quarter mile????

8.30 is a 12.99, but 96 mph is over 120 mph in the 1/4.

My T runs 93 mph in the 1/8, which translated to 116-118 mph in the 1/4 (114 with too short tires)

UNGN said:
8.30 is a 12.99, but 96 mph is over 120 mph in the 1/4.

My T runs 93 mph in the 1/8, which translated to 116-118 mph in the 1/4 (114 with too short tires)

I will agree, 96mph is haulin in the 1/8 for a stock car.

I followed one this afternoon here.. Don't like the stripes :rolleyes: first one I have accually looked at :cool: