Well it finally happened to me.

ZEROLAG

AKA Darrell Thomas
Got the Gn back from paint and took it to a car show for the first time in two years and as I pull in some moron goes look at that Monte Carlo!

Everyone remember's their first. Mine was in the parking lot of the bank when some kid on his cell phone driving by looked at my car and told whoever was on the other end "87 Monte SS"!.

My car, being Dark Red Metallic resembles the iconic Burgundy Monte SS. :rolleyes:

Got the Gn back from paint and took it to a car show for the first time in two years and as I pull in some moron goes look at that Monte Carlo!

I hope they say it to me, cus then I will follow up with yea wanna race for money ;)

Ah, yes. Happened to me the first week I had the car. I go into a convenience store. The guy behind the counter wanted to know what year model Monte Carlo I was driving. And that was when I still had Grand National badges all over the thing. Go figure.

I just pulled back into my office not more then 10 mins ago from running an errand and a guy yells..

Hey is that a 74 Grand Prix!????

sheesh

Heh.............If I had a quarter for every time that's happened over the last 20+ years, I'd have enough for a tank of gas by now.

I remember the time I had my GN repainted. I stripped it down for a tapeless paint job so after I got it back from the shop I was out in back of my apartment putting it back together and my dumbass neighbor comes over to annoy me. I say annoy because the stupid F'r was as deaf as a termite. I hated talking to him anyway. So like a 250 pound Marlee Matlin (Marlee Matlin - Biography) he starts asking me what type of Monte Carlo is it? I'm like WTF? "It's a Buick!" Yeah he says What Type of Buick Monte Carlo is it? So it turns out he used to have a Ford Monte Carlo that had a hot 351 Boss in it. His dad has a Mopar Monte Carlo too. You can't argue with stupid........or is that deaf?:confused:

Wait till you get hit with the "Is that the Fast and the Furious car" :D

I just had my GN out this evening. Took the wife & kids in the family truckster to Pizza Hut for some grub. Some "kid" (early 20's) said to me "cool car.......what is it?" I politely told him, "Thanks, just an old Regal". I got the deer in headlight look in return.:confused:

P.S. he was " rollin' " in a dropped S-10 with a thumpin' system.:rolleyes:

Got that 3 times already.
I get it all the time now. I still should have taken my buddies advise and put a Vin D. cardboard cutout in the car and cruise the movie theater. LOL :D

I just had my GN out this evening. Took the wife & kids in the family truckster to Pizza Hut for some grub. Some "kid" (early 20's) said to me "cool car.......what is it?" I politely told him, "Thanks, just an old Regal". I got the deer in headlight look in return.:confused:

P.S. he was " rollin' " in a dropped S-10 with a thumpin' system.:rolleyes:
Educate them, CATman. At least he thought it was a cool car. :)

I get the young ones asking me about mine. Sometimes I actually run across a youngster in the know about these cars. It's kinda cool because they will bring their rice-rocket friends over to show them what a real turbo car is all about. :cool:

Tuesday I took the white car out and one of the stops included the local grocery store. WHile sitting in the parking lot I got 3 thumbs up and 2 nice car's through the window.

My wife doesn't like the car much....she can't reach the pedals.....and she is always amazed about the amount of thumbs up and "nice car" we get when we are out in it.

A while back I had a guy come up alongside at a stop light and yell.."nice car is that a Monte Carlo?". I replied "why do I have a mullett"? And he replied well yeah. So I got a hair cut on my way home.

Yea same here with the wife not understanding why people like this car so much.Tell you the truth i didn't like it all that much until recently and Ive had it since last year.Maybe cuz it ran like **** when i got it but i love it now.Its starting to look and run how i want it.