Weld RTS rims Lug nut

Vandal1987

Hey there just purchased a set of Weld RTS rims. I needed a set of lug nuts and purchased a set of mcgard 1/2 inch 20 RH thread with a .75 shank from the local speed shop.. these seem to be flush with the back of the rim with the washer in place.
My question is, I know now that they are supposed to specially run with the .5 inch shank, from your guys experience would I be ok if the current lug nuts I purchased are just flush with the back of the rim or should I try and return these Lug nuts and go with the .5 inch shank?

If it's now flush, when you torque it to something like 75-90#, the shank may hit the rotor, and the wheel will be loose.
Have you changed the studs? Why a 1/2" thread on a metric stud?? Assuming you are still on oem studs.

Assuming you have the proper thread, Just take the lug nut and hold it to the bench grinder nice and square and take about 3/32" off it. Keep it cool by dipping in water while you work. clean the shanks rim with the wire wheel and blow it out with compressed air.. Chase it to be sure the thread is nice. Push it through the rim to make sure your happy with the amount recessed. Done.

That's what I did. Took me about 2 minutes per lug.

Thanks for the reply NY. And Chuck my front studs are not stock they are 1/2 by 20 cause of the wilwood I run in the front. Since on the topic what size lug should I use for the rear? This is a stock size stud aswell