Weld in filler tube necks

benoitthegr8

Sociopathic TR Ownership
i was told my style of valve cover that I ordered will leak at the breather, and to get the weld in style filler necks. Spent a ton of time looking around and cannot what I'm looking for (see below). Anyone know where I can find these and the correct diameter?

2zqu32p.jpg

Richard Clark has been welding tube on various types. Saw bunch at his shop last year.

Those taller black valve covers in the first pics...will they clear roller rockers?

Richard Clark has been welding tube on various types. Saw bunch at his shop last year.

Those taller black valve covers in the first pics...will they clear roller rockers?

lol, he was actually the one who suggested I get the filler necks welded in, I was up there on Tuesday working on my motor.... anyway, the black valve covers in the first pic will not fit roller rockers, the bare casting ones had a spacer welded on the bottom and will fit after market rockers. The black set is for sale if you have any interest.

Actually I was asking for Junior. Hes using those on his engine. I bet you guys went up there together...lol..small world.

I have the Kenne Bell tall polished valve covers to clear roller rockers. And i bought the extended breather tubes from Jegs and i just use the Permatex Right Stuff silicone to hold them in place,i have been doing this for years without a problem. Just have to make sure the grommet is oil free and dry when you put the silicone on it to hold the filler tube,it doesn't take a lot so it's not noticeable.

Actually I was asking for Junior. Hes using those on his engine. I bet you guys went up there together...lol..small world.

lol, we did and I actually just came from Juniors shop.... but to my knowledge they wont, however when I pull my motor next week me and him can try them out before he ships them off to you.

Ben

I have the Kenne Bell tall polished valve covers to clear roller rockers. And i bought the extended breather tubes from Jegs and i just use the Permatex Right Stuff silicone to hold them in place,i have been doing this for years without a problem. Just have to make sure the grommet is oil free and dry when you put the silicone on it to hold the filler tube,it doesn't take a lot so it's not noticeable.
thanks for the input, the fab shop said they will take a look at them and see if they have some round stock that will do the trick. If they don't I'll probably use the method you mentioned above so I don't have to destroy the filler necks.... at $40 each that's just too damn much to mess around with the possibility of ruining them or the $200 the valve cover.

I think I'm going to go your route, just got back from the welders shop and really didn't like the price quote. He said he's have to tap the valve covers and thread the round stock, screw them in and then weld. He said he'd have 1 1/2 hours of work into each valve cover that would end up being $75 per cover..... add $200 for the cost of the valve cover plus powder coating and welding/machining I'll have like $500+ invested in valve covers? nope, I'll have leaky valve covers before I spend that much into them. Do you know the part number for the breather tubes you got from Jegs by chance?

I looked on jegs website and couldn't find the breather tubes. I'm pretty sure they were made by moroso and they were aluminum. They look like the one in the picture you posted at the beginning of this thread the black valve cover on the left.