Weird staring problem??

BADazzBUICK

NO!!...its not a MONTE!!!
My gn is having a hard time starting. Yesterday, i pushed it out of garage and put my truck batt in it to start it for the first time after sitting for 4 months. It cranked, cranked ,craaaank and then just stopped.kinda like it got tight.Kinda like the batt died but if I put the key in off possition and turn back on to start it it cranks a few more times and stops only after a BIG backfire, seems like coming from dump pipe.I didnt touch anything since I put it away before winter. It did start after messing with it a few times. I talked to a couple people that think the cam sensor might have went bad,my brother thinks the flywheel got bent somehow and is getting tight against the starter causing the tight spot. I think the starter is bad,(Ive been thru 3 starters in around 30,000 miles already). Also,while cranking it I noticed the little black ground wire coming from neg batt cable that is grounded to the pass side fender was smoking(VERY HOT). ANY help would be appreciated. ThanX.

If its not a starter issue or wiring, tell us what you did to it while it was sitting. That will help us diagnose the issue.

That "little ground wire" is obviously carrying the starter load. Something it's NOT designed to do. Check the main batt grnd that's supposed to be on the turbo support bracket bolt. loose? if so, that's why the batt power is going thru an alternate path to get back to the batt neg.Also, make sure the pos cable is not melted on the dp...

I think the starter is bad,(Ive been thru 3 starters in around 30,000 miles already). Also,while cranking it I noticed the little black ground wire coming from neg batt cable that is grounded to the pass side fender was smoking(VERY HOT). ANY help would be appreciated. ThanX.

Did you have the other starters tested to see what went wrong with them?

Was it the starters that went bad or maybe it was the solenoid going bad due to the bad ground wire.

If you ever need another starter get one of these it has a lifetime warranty and is normally stocked in the store, it's remanufactured but i've used a few of them on different cars over the years and never had a problem.A pretty good deal for $45.00

They have the gold series which is a completely new starter for $30.00 more but they don't stock that one in the store.

AutoZone.com | | Starter | REMAN DURALAST STARTER

Chuck,You were right on the money, I got 2-3 turns on the ground wire that is grounded to the turbo support bracket and the car turned over a couple times and fired right up. No more stopping or anything, THANX for your help, and everybody that replied,thanX.

Glad you got it fixed.

Just remember to keep all grounds and electrical connectors / connections clean and tight.