Website savvy - I need your help

Bens87tr

Former Owner, 87T
I have a website for my business. Well, It's my cousin's actually, but I control the content of our website. www.allmarinetops.com

Here's the problem. The site doesn't come up in search engines, unless you search for allmarinetops.com which is no good because who the hell is gonna type that in? Our website guy registered our site with google and such in August. I told him the metatags I would like and everything. We would really like the site to show up when you search "t-tops radar arches" etc. I'm a realistic guy and know we wouldn't show up first page, but when someone types in "t-type radar arches connecticut" we'd expect to show up early in the search. However, our site doesn't show up at all.

I don't get it. A little while back I did a search on my name for ****s and giggles. My name showed up on a list for a track rental I signed up for on svtoa.org!!!:eek:

Please help. Our website is only so good if people can find it. How do all of you that have websites make it searchable? Do I need to pay a fee?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. PM, email, post or smoke signal.

Thanks

Well, how often are the (key)words "t-tops" and "radar arches" used IN the website? THAT'S what the search engines look for!

<edit>--I checked out your page (looks good btw!)...I notice your "page title" is Allmarinetops.com - Services --try adding some keywords to the title! Also, maybe add some keywords to the "user variables/description line" (similar to the "keywords" line)

experiment a little, then try the search-engines again(?)

Interesting. That never crossed my mind, but it sure makes sense. I'll mention it to my website guy and see if we can get it figured out. Thanks for the suggestions and keep em coming.:)

Originally posted by Buick From Hell

<edit>--I checked out your page (looks good btw!)

Thanks for the compliment. I wish I could have made it look that good myself, but I had someone do it. Chris V. of www.dangerousbydesign.com did all the work. I highly recommend him to anyone looking to start a site. He does great creative work for a super reasonable price. It looks like I'm going to have to write up some stuff for him put in there so we can get some more words on the page.

I checked out the source, and there are a lot of combo words that are in the meta tag (ie "marine services").

I know this sounds dumb, but I've found it best to be as redundant as possible, so in those cases you might want to have "marine services", "marine", "services", and "marine service", all in the meta tags.

Also multiple spelling of words is a good idea, like "t-tops", "t tops", and maybe even "t" and "tops".

I should also say that it can take quite a long time for all the search engines to work their magic for searches.

Good luck :)