Website for 1970 GTO

cicia1

I found a 1970 GTO Convertible in town that is up for sale. Does anyone know of a site similar to this one that I can find engine codes and options or even a buyers guide of what to look out for.

THANKS

Go the the book store. There is a paper back book that has all the codes for all of the years. Amazon.com: Illustrated Gto Buyer's Guide (Illustrated Buyer's Guide): Books: Paul Zazarine You can also send away for a copy of the original build sheet. It will tell you exactly what was in the car, color, engine code, all options, etc. Its a pontiac web site. They used to only go back to 1969, but I think they go back into the 50's now on all GM cars. It was like $49 15 years ago. I was able to decode GTO's by heart, but its been awhile. The biggest PITA is reading codes on dirty or heavily painted engine parts. Bring a small wire brush (like a tooth brush, a flash light and a mirror on a stick> If the car has been restored, the owner should have all of the codes and dates on paper for you. Good luck.