WE4 for sale Ohio

georgewe4

1987 WE4 for sale located in Troy Ohio area. I have owned this car since May of 1995. I bought the car off of a man that was probably around 50 yrs old and had just been married. He bought the car new. The car had never been raced and was never modified. I installed a Hooker cat back exhaust system removing the cat. Converter and installing the test pipe. I also installed a chip. I took it to the track and the car ran a 13.20… WOW!
It has been over 13 years since I have had the car to the track. The car had right around 76,000 miles when I purchased it and now sits with right at 101,000. I had new wheels installed. They are the American Racing Outlaw ones. I have installed a larger down-pipe I purchased from Bowling Green Customs. It is a 2 ¾ inch down pipe. The car has a adjustable waste gate. The car still has the original factory turbo and it spools just fine. I have the TPS tech on it. The plenum has been ported and smoothed inside. I had 100 pound valve springs installed. I had the transmission rebuilt and good stuff installed in it. It is not a harsh shifting transmission, but it shifts smooth but firm. The parts installed was purchased from CK. I would say the transmission has less than 3000 miles on it. The rear main seal was replaced at the time of the transmission rebuild. The car still has the stock converter. Blue top injectors is what is in the car right now, with a blue top chip. The car has alcohol injection and I have run 22 pounds of boost with no detonation whatsoever. I also installed a cockpit boost controller. The brakes have been converted to vacuum. I have all of the original parts that have come off the car.
The interior of this car as far as the seats and door panels are excellent. The car has never been smoked in. I have always had the car in a garage. The last 6 years the car has been in a somewhat climate controlled environment. I have heating and cooling in the garage it sits in right now. There are no rips or tears in the seats, there are no worn places in the seats, and the seats are not stained. The plastic pieces, the console and dash are all excellent. The steering wheel has one place at the bottom. I think the guy must have worn a large belt buckle. It just has a rubbed place at the bottom. It isn’t really noticeable. The headliner has been a project. I kind of ran into trouble with the visors. I can’t find anyone to recover them here. To be honest, I really haven’t tried. The headliner is new. The visors need to be finished and installed.
Here’s the bad .There is rust at the bottom of the doors. In my opinion the original owner made the mistake of having the car rust proofed (Ziebart). He got happy with the spray gun in the doors and filled the drain holes to where they didn’t drain very well. The doors can be saved. I have had that checked out already. It’s not gaping holes. There is just rust present at the bottom seam. The paint is still shiny. There is some light checking on areas of the hood. The bulge in the hood has some. There are a few places where bird crap has etched the paint. I think that’s what happened. It happened before I got the car. The original owner could have done a much better job of taking care of the car outside than what he did. The body is straight with just a few dings. There is no rust present anywhere else. I have not driven the car in snow ever. The car looks real good from a small distance, it looks good up close until you get right down on the paint. It has probably been 13 years at least since the car has been driven in rain. It has probably been that long since the wipers have been turned on. The A-arm bushings need replaced. I have actually purchased whole new a-arms with the bushings from a fellow board member here. I haven’t had time to install them. I would put new shocks on the car because as far as I know, they are still original. The passenger side header has a small crack on the top. I replaced the driver side about 8 years ago. The A/C has been converted to 134-A, but has a very small leak. I drive the car so little that one can of refrigerant per year has been just fine for me. The low pressure switch on the side of the accumulator needs to be replaced. That is no big deal. I just HAVE NO TIME!
I know that Mobil One has always been used in the car since day one.
I hate to think about selling the car. I am not in the need of selling the car. I would like to have the space. My son is 6 and loves the car, I love the car, my wife??? LOL
I really just want the space. I would love for someone to get the car, fix what needs to be done, and get her painted. The car isn’t doing me any good just sitting.
I obviously have a clear title. I have a link here to pics of the car. I will miss her.
Here is a link to photos of the car.
Pictures by georgewe4 - Photobucket
I work a lot, I will answer any questions as fast as I can. I’m usually working from early in the morning until evening, and then working once I get home.
I would like to get around 6,200.00 out of it.
George

Priced to sell for sure.
buick003.jpg

buick013.jpg

buick012.jpg

George, Please email me a phone number and what times are good to call. I am thinking of freeing up some time on Saturday to come see you.

Thanks, Kip

Thanks all, and thanks for posting a few pics. I'm getting ready to hit the bed but I thought I would check for messages etc. Here is an e-mail address
we4buick1547@yahoo.com
I want to make as clear as possible the rust issues with the doors. The driver door is the main concern. The way to fix the doors correctly would be to replace the metal at the bottom of the doors. This is the way I was going to have it done, and at the very least the way it should be done. I have had several body shops look at the car over the years, and that is what they have suggested. The doors will need fixed. The rest of the car has no rust issues at all. Seeing the car drive down the road or walking around looking at the car not really looking for rust, you may not even notice it. Do you see it in the picture? I hate the fact that the car was rust proofed and a fool was in charge of the process. I don't want to misrepresent the car. I have been able to keep the problem at bay because I hardly ever drive the car, its always been in a garage since I purchased it in 95, since 2003 its been in a somewhat climate controlled garage (humidity etc), and the car hasn't been driven in the rain.
I have a very busy weekend coming up, but I will try to get some really good pictures of the doors for you all. I will feel much better then:smile:
Thanks again!

I want to say thanks for all of the replies and private messages. It was way more than what I expected. The car sold tonight to a very nice guy. He was the first PM that I recieved and lived local. I believe the car got a great home and will be taken care of very well.
The member that bought the car was evil8. He is a new member as you may see. He is a very nice guy and a true fan of the Turbo Buick. I would leave any introduction up to him, but he definately loves cars and has a few really nice ones. He should fit in here well. I told him that if there are any questions about a Turbo Buick, this is the place to go. I told him how great all of you are. He is the new owner of a WE4, a car that has a lot of sentimental value to me. I know you will welcome him.
I no longer have a Turbo Buick but I still feel welcome here. Thanks for all of the help with my car through the years. I have a few left over items to sell. When I get the chance, the parts for sale section will eventually be my next stop.
Thanks again!
George

Big Thanks to George!! I have been looking for quite some time, and got what I wanted. George represented the car very fairly, as described. Give me a little time buddy, and we will get the old T fixed up. Thanks again.

Big Thanks to George!! I have been looking for quite some time, and got what I wanted. George represented the car very fairly, as described. Give me a little time buddy, and we will get the old T fixed up. Thanks again.

That was a great buy. Good luck with your new toy. ;)