we will be baaaaack

With all due respect and no disrespect,why are all you fast Buick guys going to the v8 LS engine.:confused:The Buick is known because it was only a V-6 and man you have proven how fast they really can go.So with all the new Blocks and head technology for the v-6 and many other newer parts why the LS platform >Again no disrespect I am a newbie to the v-6 stuff and just curious as I see alot of this stuff on the v-8 tech on this board.Either way good luck with a nice project.

Kevin

Kevin:

That is a great question. In our case, it was great while it lasted and we had a lot of fun. However, it got to the point (after twenty years) that it was time to move on. The good part is that anyone that has run fast V6 turbo Buick has more EFI and turbo knowledge than a lot of the so called “gurus” of today. We were doing this BEFORE it was fashionable. Another thing is that we got tired of chasing parts for Buick V6. In our case most of all our V6 parts were custom made.

So we decided that it was time to take this knowledge to the next level. The LS platform is better that anything to come out of Detroit since the small block Chevy. We went from several Buick turbo V6’s to several LS powered vehicles.

All you need to do is go to the PRI show and every year more and more manufactures are building high performance parts for LS motors. Try to find something for the Buick V6 there. This competition creates affordable parts and you can build a powerful engine for a lot less than a Buick in which you are limited to a very few High performance part manufactures who charge a lot more.

Please understand I love the Buick V6 and sometimes we have considered building a TSO car. But we are reminded of why we got out and that it was a good decision. For now we will stick with the LS motors!

Be sure and post the pics when you finally add the wings to that thing. LOL
Are you going to run NMCA or what??

Thanks

Thanks for the info,the question has been on my mind for some time.I just did not want to rattle any feathers,it happens too easy on the net:rolleyes:I had a Monte SS and contemplated a LS swap but found the Buick more unique and so my journey begins.One thing I noticed is the Buick community is very eager to help others.We race in N.H.R.A superstock and info is seldom shared.:rolleyes:Good luck and enjoy.

Kevin

Thanks for the info,the question has been on my mind for some time.I just did not want to rattle any feathers,it happens too easy on the net:rolleyes:I had a Monte SS and contemplated a LS swap but found the Buick more unique and so my journey begins.One thing I noticed is the Buick community is very eager to help others.We race in N.H.R.A superstock and info is seldom shared.:rolleyes:Good luck and enjoy.

Kevin

The Buick comunity as is the LS comunity today is eager to help. This is more the result of all the forums available on line than anything else. When the turbo Buick thing started in the 80's it was very competitive and the only ones that were eager to help were those that wanted to sell you something. In many cases the "somethig" did not work. I remenber a well known Buick vendor that everything on his catalog was worth 2 tenth 2 MPH. If you added it all up you GN would be running 8's.

However make not mistake, when you are going real fast good info, still today, is seldom shared.

Like you I also don't want to rattle any feathers............... maybe some LOL ;)

Good build !! Be sure to post up the #'s when you shake it down. I sometimes laugh to myself when I am out and about and people see one of my old Buicks. Its a roll eyes things or the respect from the people who remember seeing me 15yrs ago.All the cars are getting faster but we find a way to keep up. I just ran down a friends cammed/ exhaust/ intake tunned 08 Zo6 on drs'd with a 100% stock longblock T Just the bolt ons and a tune derived from memory with a few adjustment on the way to meet him.:biggrin: Don't worry the buick thing is like riding a bike if you ever go back to a V6 you would be one of the fastest in short order. Somewhere I have that old ATR catalog but if someone posted up a pic of it that would be mad cool just for old times sake.

Mine has not been an "original turbo 6 car" since 1988 when I put in my first stage 2 block!

Anybody can restore them, it takes a real man to cut them.

:D

Now that is funny,I just spit my coke and whisky out my nose LMAO.

Kevin

your car

Looks awesome!! Was in daytona last wk, too bad I couldnt have dropped by. On originality lots of people cry keep them buick but when they come up for sale they just get parted!!! Gotta be less than half left in original form. Might ls mine because everyone tells me its just a worthless hotair. Im in s Ga hope to meet ya oneday and see that car spank some ford junk!!

I remenber a well known Buick vendor that everything on his catalog was worth 2 tenth 2 MPH. If you added it all up you GN would be running 8's.

LOL... :D There were a few vendors who did the mail order thing back in the day that claimed good for XX HP gain for their bolt on goodies... I'd say KB or BGC would be the ones that come to mind. Those were the good old days, find a part in the catalog... gotta have it. Call in the order, and rush home from work hoping that the UPS box was waiting for ya at the front door, before internet tracking of packages of course.

Funny you mention 1/8 mile, which is very popular down here. I REFUSED to do 1/8 mile. Drag racing is suposed to be 1/4 not 1/8 not 1000 feet. I will ONLY DO 1/4 mile!

Thats funny right there!! Give those 1/8 mile cones the finger as you pass them by!! Maybe you just havent gone fast enough YET to appreciate shutting it off at the 1/8 mile!!
Good luck with your project. Mike:cool: