we will be baaaaack

DFAST1TTYPE

"owner atomic launch car"
This me in 1995:
wheeely.jpg

Yes back then it was STILL a street car. But before that in 1987 I was already running 11’s with this car. I find it funny and interesting that most if the so called gurus of today’s Buick V6 turbos in ‘87 or ’95 did not even own a Buick.

Fast forward to 2006, many stories in between, It would take a book to explain. Now the same car is twin turbo, still a Buick V6.
good1f.jpg
2-13-06-09.jpg

It is then running low 8’s at over 165 MPH.

Today!.............................................................

check 1.jpg
check 2.jpg

It will be an LSX block, 10.5W inch tire 106 single turbo. We aim to go REAL fast. I guess previously we were just practicing.

This a very long story made very short. Over 20 years same car, it has been on several magazines has won many times, at one point back in the late 80’s made a ton of money on the street, it even ran some import events and made their lives miserable. They had to change the rules.

Anyway, thanks to all that have suport us, helped and continue to help. We have had and will continue to have lots of fun.

I constantly feel the need for MORE speed! We will be back and once again we will make your life hell……………. You know who you are.

Have a nice day!

The very first photo was on someone’s advertising back in the mid 90’s if I remember correctly. I can’t think of whom but I’ll always remember the guy in the stands wearing a hat and jaw dropped. Thanks for sharing.

Nice story and photos. There are some good guys in the Buick scene these days, don't fault them just because they weren't around 15 years ago. :p

Wasn't your car up for sale at one point?

Glad to see you kept it, don't hold out on the LSx pics.

Photo was used by my good friend Phil from ATR. It was also on Popular hot rod Magazine and Turbo Magazine.

Yes there are some great poeple involved with Buicks today and in the past that is not who I am talking about. Just be careful who you deal with.

Yes it was for sale....... at one point. I ended selling everything that was Buick powertrain plus other related items I did not need and kept the rest.

The "Next step" on this project (this is what I call it) is caming slow but it will be done. Here is the LSX:

IMG_1512.jpg

Thanks

Nice story and photos. There are some good guys in the Buick scene these days, don't fault them just because they weren't around 15 years ago. :p

yup, better late then never, and 20 yrs ago you went fast doing it the hebrew way, now all kinds of gizmos, gadgets and fast systems.

im having fun with mine, not many around on the street, those in the know, respect it, those who think they know learn real quck what my tail lights look like...an just a mild build at that but camaro ss...beat down...new super bee, beat down, few assorted vettes, beat enough.

lot of maintainence but sure is fun

Hey Ricardo,

Nice to see you posting on here about your new project!:cool: From what Lee tells me you have been very busy lately but it is good to hear you're making some progress with the car. I think it's pretty safe to say that with the new LSX motor and a 106mm turbo you will shooting for 6's and 200+ MPH with that bad boy!:D :eek: Just make sure the hood stays on this time.;)

Steve

PS: Please keep us updated with pics!:)

Hey Steve nice to hear from you. The next step project is coming slow but it will be done. Do not worry the hood will have lots of fasteners........hehehe.

I tell you one thing for sure, we miss South Florida. So far Georgia has not shown me much. The exception is that I like my new job.

Take care!

:D

One good thing is you have some nice tracks in Georgia for when the car is finished and Gainesville is also probably not that far if you're in southern Georgia.:) :cool:

Hey Ricardo nice to hear your still racing if you wanna go fast you should built a big block we got a local car that has conventional heads twin turbos and has run 4.35@181 on 10inch w's giving some of the big boys fits you can make 3500 with a big block and it dont cost much more than an ls platform . Laz

Ricardo,

It is nice to see you back in the game.
Good luck with your project.

Laz:

Nice to hear from you. Anyone can go fast with a big block Chevy. That is why many of us ran Buicks. It is different and a challenge to make them go fast.

BTW I have a Big Block Monte Carlo SS that is for sale if you are interested;
See it at:

Race Ads | For Sale: SS Monte Carlo Big Block 1983

The LS motors, in my opinion, are the new thing. There are many parts on the market and new ones being developed daily. Soon you will be able to take them to 500CI. You can almost get there now. I have seen the power these things can make and I want in on the fun and at the same time different.

The 20 plus years of turbo knowledge is helpful.

John:

Nice to hear from you also.

Ricardo

udated pictures. Moving slow but moving!

Attachments

• TB1.jpg
    TB1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 917
  • TB2.jpg
    TB2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 922
udated pictures. Moving slow but moving!

You should paint the inlet black on that thing. It would look like a spare tire mounted in the grille. Looks like a front mount wood chipper or something. Best of luck. Any guess as to how many HP it will generate?

Looks good, I can't wait to see it done. Your doors are still going fast:biggrin:

Lookin' good, I'm sure it won't be moving slow when it's finished!:biggrin: :eek:

hey Ricardo,
good to see you back in the game, the car looks great, can't wait to see it run
Mike