We lost another GN

Jeff Rand

Guys, just found out that Fred Avery was involved in an accident with his GN. It was his roll bar that saved his life because he was "T" on the drivers side door by a pickup truck. Fred was making a left turn and the truck hit the car at an estimated speed of 60. Fred's car was launched 50 ft. and wound up in a ditch. Fred had several broken bones but no life threathing injuries.
For all that never seen Fred' car, it was one of the nicest around. Stage 1 engine with the whole engine compartment chromed. Fred was the orginal owner and was meticulous with the looks and performance.
Get well soon Fred and I will be on the look out for a replacement for you.
Jeff

Didn't that car:

Have a duttweiler motor in it, built for Fred by Duttweiler about 4 or 5 years back years back?

TIA

Gary Wells
"TOLTK"

Yes, it did have a Duttwieler motor in it. I think it was 252 cubic inch that put out 680hp to the flywheel. About a month ago I gave Fred information on using Tom's axles with the Frod ends and an Eton posi. Typical of Fred, he went to a pro and had the work done. At the time of the accident, he just put new shocks and springs in the GN and was on the test drive with the mechanic!
Jeff

I am sorry to hear that:

But I know that Fred Avery will be on his feet with another car in no time. I remember meeting Fred at Deere park a few years back while the motor was being built by Kenny Duttweiler, and I remember seeing Fred at another show a little later with the motor in place and running.
It was a striking car

TIA

Gary Wells
"TOLTK"

Fred was my intro into the modern world of TR's. My first time at Carlsbad Raceway with my old 87 GN, he was there racing. What a beauty of a car that was! He told me about the BGNRA. Told me about the www.gnttype.org web site. Handed me a Kirban catalog. All of this was new to me at the time. The car I bought was all tricked out with the whole Kenne Bell catalog, but I was able to get it straightened out.

I actually beat Fred in a side by side race in my second TR: an 86 Turbo T. I ran about 14 seconds. He stayed at the line until he got his boost exactly where he wanted it. Left about 5 seconds after me. Still darn neat beat me!

Get well soon, Fred. My prayers are with you.

Sad to hear

Hi Jeff, Glad to hear that Fred is going to make it. He was a friend of mine also. The last time I seen him was at his going away party in San Diego.Yes he was very anal with his car.Drove me nuts a few times, But then again ,Who hasn't I wish him the best & we need to remind ourselves that every day above ground is a good one. So Happy Holidays to all my Buick friends Regards Lou