WB 02 sensor location

Quik Six

Julio: A while back, I started a pretty good debate concerning the best location for the IAT and I'd like to see the same discussion for the WB 02 sensor location for our cars.

I've read and heard several different locations and would like for you and some of the Buick gurus to voice their opinions here.

Hopefully, we'll get some consensus about where and how it should be placed.

Thanks.

Phil Engle

FWIW my PLX instructions said for turbo applications the sensor be before the cat conv and at LEAST A MINIMUM of 36 " from Engine. I have mine mounted right before the last bend where the pipe levels off under the car going to the test pipe.
I see many people with it near the turbo and called PLX since the instructions say otherwise and they said to follow the instructions and the very LEAST it should be is 24" from Turbo.

Many people I know have it closer, my thoughts are sensor life from higher temp near the turbo are shorter.

How about the engine heat if you we're to rotate it closer to the engine from the 12o'clock position to the 11/10?

Most wideband a from what I've read about state anywhere from 16" away to 36" away. I have no cat conv so that part isn't an issue.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app