Waved forward clutch plate

Brian Collins

When I removed the forward clutch pack I did not find anything that looked like a waved plate (part # 666 in the atsg book). Does the bfr not have these plates? Should I just use regular steels in place of the waved plates? Does any body have a picture of one a waved plate so I can go back and look for it? Argh..... so many pieces..... thanks in advance for any help.

The wave plate

is on the bottom against the apply ring in the forward drum. This set up only applys when you have a steel piston forward drum.The set up goes wave plate, clutch, steel flat, clutch steel flat, clutch, steel flat clutch, pressure plate. The forward steels are .070 thick.
The wave plate cushions apply when shifted into a forward gear from P,R,or neutral. If desired with higher stall converter (as low stall converter will rip your head off applying any forward gear without the waveplate) can be used. Now..... on the aluminum piston constant bleed forward drums, they incorperated a waveplate, bottom clutch, steel , clutch, steel, clutch, steel, clutch second waved then a steel pressure plate. This set up was used from 88 on up only.
So you have a couple of scenerios that can apply. The Turbo Ta was one of them that had the constant bleed system.

Bruce
WE4
WWW.PTSXTREME.COM

The set up goes wave plate, clutch, steel flat, clutch steel flat, clutch, steel flat clutch, pressure plate. The forward steels are .070 thick.

The pressure plate is the thick ring listed in the atsg book as "Plate, Clutch Backing #627" correct? If it is the I think I've got it all figured out. I found the wave plate mixed in with the old clutches. Thanks for you help.