Water Pump to Intake Manif "S" Hose

I went to my local Napa and had them match up the s to a hose in stock that had the same bend, I think it was some kind of dodge hose that I cut the s portion out of...Mike

I drilled the stat w/ some small holes, cut the nipple off the pump, tapped it for a pipe plug.
I used the manifold port for the aftermkt gauge sender. Cleans up the area around the cam sensor.

Basically did the same thing here. Provides a much cleaner looks. Who needs heat and saves weight. [emoji106]

Do a google search. I found a part number that worked fine, and was in stock at the local O'Reilly. Don't remember what it was, but I found the info on the net.

Never really considered removing the bypass hose. I bet that does clean up the engine. Got any pics?

Found this for function of S hose and bypass:
Drilling a hole in the thermostat is a common trick. It makes the system open, and allows air and fluid to easily move through the entire system when cold. That almost eliminates all burping and filling problems. A single 1/8" hole is all you really need.

It does not perform the same function as a the bypass hose. The bypass hose directs coolant back to the water pump, and back into the front of the block. The hole allows coolant and air to flow through the upper radiator hose, past the filler neck, and to the radiator.

Last edited: