Water injection anybody use it?

grandnati0nal

Does anybody use a water injection setup? Its cheaper than alcohol and i have heard it works well but i dont know about on the TR.

I use a water injection system , just its not like the systems back in the old days.
I can run water ,denatured alcohol or methanol , or a mix of water and alky or water and methanol
Im using razors PAC alky injection and use water and denatured for street use and as far as im concerned it does its job of preventing knock at higher boost. water could be run but not with the same HP and cooling effect of using a fuel like straight alcohol or methanol .
water injection systems from years ago was just a washer fluid pump dribbling (or spraying) water above the carb inlet . i think spearco was popular back then , and it worked for the early draw through carb turbo engines which ran relatively low boost by todays standards and in higher compression carb engines

i dont know if you can send water in before the turbo ( risk of compressor wheel damage?) , the only other way in is after the compressor and then you need to overcome the pressure (as much as 30lbs ) in order to get water into the system , ,razors system runs at high pressure (i think upwards of 70lbs adjustable by user ) . a washer pump just wont do to get it into the system and wont supply the needed volume for high boost

Methanol is typically 2.50 a gallon. Thats pretty cheap. I go through 5 gallons in a 3 month period. So thats 4 bucks a month? You want cheaper???

Ok.. lets say you want cheaper.. if your goals are mild, then a water kit will get you results over no kit. Just dont expect stellar results, unless your expectations are low. Like 18-20 PSI boost on pump gas. No problem on a properly tuned water kit.

Dont go to 30 PSI and start leaning out the motor. Design your system to spray water/alcohol. You can then experiment with different ratios and find what your motor likes best. Design around water, you can never run alcohol without damage to your system.

pacecarta, pump PSI at full boogie is approx 150 PSI.

Thats why it works so well..lots of volume at high boost to control the detonation, low volumes at low boost to keep AFR stable.

PS, TR's are like any other combustion engine. Nothing special.

Cept they make gobs or TQ

;)