water in gas

Jackie grabos

i changed my fuel filter a couple of days ago and let excess fuel drain into oil catch pan. there was a little oil in bottom of pan. after changing filter i went to retrieve pan and oil was a brown milky color. i let the car sit for about 8 months covered in my pole barn. i just recently paid off the loan and trying to get her running right. could this be condensation in tank? i drove the car after sitting and drove about 20 miles or so and ran fine . i put about 10 gallons of gas from exxon in and car ran fine until the last couple of weeks. it has about 6 gallons left and will start but runs rough. does anyone have any positive results with any over the counter stuff like heet? gas cap has been on and car not exposed to water. i'm hoping i don't have to drop the tank and blow out the lines, or i mean i don't have to pay someone to drop the tank and blow out the lines ha ha. thanks for any advice.

If heet is used get the red bottle. The yellow bottle separates gas and water the red bottle mixes the the fuel and water together. The tank is very easy to take out if needed. I would pull tank and clean out and then change filter again and get injectors cleaned. after cleaning tank add new fuel and a bottle of chevron techron fuel system cleaner. where is the car located? There is a lot of people willing to help. Did you ever do a tune up on car? What kind of air filter? Any mice around pole barn? They like chewing wires and building homes in air filter housings.

i have a cone filter. the barn has a concrete floor and a couple of cats. i started the car every couple of months, just didn't drive it. i have changed oil, plugs, wires and ign coil. i have a new fpr on order. guess i will rty the heet first and see if runs any better.