Watch out for this Honda!!! *Video*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good example of how hi rpm's make high hp Peak torque of 447 at 8000rpm and 712 max horsepower at 9000 rpm, torque and hp dont go above 200 until about 5000 rpm.

It looks like they will doing some fabrication to mount the front facsia since the IC hoses are running across the bumper mounts

David

Yeah those little motors don't make much torque compared to the HP they make and with those little 4 cylinders it's all about the high RPM.......

Still pretty impressive IMO for such a small motor.....

damn man thats preety crazy now u see thats not a ricer

IMO a ricer is someone who goes and puts all of these gauges in there car..But doenst get the imporent 1s, or they go out and spend all of there money (or most of it) on looks and not performance but yet they cant get past 15 seconds with the damn thing because of all the junk mods that they did. thats my view on a ricer oh yea and that does even apply for domestic cars also :mad:

I hate cars like that: little ricer crap. All you gotta do (not like this so much, but most of the time) is put a big turbo on a sh!tty car and it's fast as hell. I can make a Neon run impressive times with very little effort. Now, people argue with me and say: 'well, isn't that what made the GNs so bada$$?' To this I reply,' Yes, but the GN was killer out of the factory and was a complete a$$ kicking unit, whereas you took a sh!theap civic and modded it.' The moral of the story as I see it is -- if the car was bad to begin with, alright- but if you took a normal car and modded the heck out of it...who cares? I mean, we could modify a riding lawnmower to be more than it was intended, can't we?!? Heck, that car in the video would completely dust my car, but which is more impressive really?:rolleyes:

Uhhhhhh you don't want me to answer that question :rolleyes: You should like to see stuff like that, alot V8 people speak the same way about the Buick6. The GN was a low 14 sec car out the factory, not exactly a "killer". Maybe you should sell yours....................................:rolleyes:

Originally posted by automorph
Uhhhhhh you don't want me to answer that question :rolleyes: You should like to see stuff like that, alot V8 people speak the same way about the Buick6. The GN was a low 14 sec car out the factory, not exactly a "killer". Maybe you should sell yours....................................:rolleyes:
Perhaps the title 'fastest American production car' slipped by you.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
Heck, that car in the video would completely dust my car, but which is more impressive really?:rolleyes:

The Honda. Next question?

Originally posted by TransAm WS6 420
The Honda. Next question?
I'm really talking about collectability and a place in automtive history. Obviously, if I wanted the fastest car of any kind on the planet....it wouldn't be a GN. I don't understand why, on this site, every time you stick up for a GN (without misrepresenting it) you hear them crapped on. PLEASE don't let this turn into a pissing contest, as I am not trying to call anybody wrong, but it just seems to me that speed is only one aspect of a nice car-and the only one that that Honda has. Besides, if the above is your response to my original query, why do you even own a GN?:(

DCEPTCN: I'll be willing to bet you've never built anything yourself.

You're comparing apples and oranges here...

Originally posted by MadPSI
DCEPTCN: I'll be willing to bet you've never built anything yourself.

You're comparing apples and oranges here...
I'm comparing nothing, I just think a GN has more going for it OVERALL and am getting a little tired of arguing in favor of GNs on a site called TURBOBUICK.COM!!

I'm comparing nothing, I just think a GN has more going for it OVERALL and am getting a little tired of arguing in favor of GNs on a site called TURBOBUICK.COM!!
I think you are missing the point. The bottom line is to give credit where credit is due, regardless of whether it is a TR or not. You look at that video and you are unimpressed because your obvious bias and stereotyping lets you see nothing but a little Honda sh*tbox. Myself and others look at that and scratch our heads in amazement that those guys can pull almost 400RWHP per liter from that engine. REPEAT, 400RWHP per liter!!! Buick fans go gaga over a SII making 1200RWHP, a mere 266RWHP per liter :D :D.

Yes, this is a site named TURBOBUICK.COM, but does not mean you cannot recognize an amazing automotive feat from another brand, especially an import? Don't folks on TURBOBUICK.COM feel proud of their brand and heritage when other forums speak highly of you?

I'm sorry, DCEPTCN, but the technology of that Honda to me is far more impressive than that of the GN. I enjoy *driving* cars. If I wanted a collectible, I would have bought some baseball cards..... This doesn't mean I'm less worthy of driving a GN, because I do appreciate the car. It's just like said previously, you need to give credit where credit is due. It's not like just anyone can spend 5 minutes tuning a Honda and turn out those numbers. That machine is the product of a lot of hard work, and I think it rocks. :)

If I accidentally made it sound as though I thought the Honda was completely worthless, I apologize. I did not mean it that way...in fact I believe I made reference to it 'dusting' me. True, let's give credit where it is due. Hooray!......but siding against the GNs ON THIS SITE is ,I believe contrary to the point. I think you miss the point, you think I miss the point....but at least we have both made our point. I love GNs and will defend them (Again, without misrepresenting them) with my dying breath. Maybe some will say that I am fascinated with the wrong car, but then what in the world is this website for? Props to the Honda, but less than the GN......is that fair enough? :rolleyes:

Ummmmm no one said this is better than a GN????? It was a post saying "look at this..." If you are a car person you would be like "wow"!!! If you are an inbred trailerpark hick who inherited a GN by chance then yes "that is ricer crap"

Wow this thread turned ugly...... I just thought it was pretty impressive to make that kind of power from a little 4 cylinder motor...... No need to start bashing imports and calling them rice...... The only cars I consider rice are the ones that are made to look fast with wings, stickers, fart can mufflers, etc. but are in fact slow (I've seen plenty of domestics that were also like this)..... If it's fast I respect it!!!

OK, I'll give you impressive, but lets look at the tail of the tape.....
The little car doesn't make ANY real power untill 7-9000 rpm! That sux. That car is a DYNO QUEEN and would get puullled on before any power showed itself. Who cares if it makes 700 horses on the dyno! Can it beat anything on the track/street? There are ALOT of us here that would smoke that car with our measily 500 horse/600+ft. lb. cars!:D That car sux. Can you say...Toyota Supra??? They pull 1200 HP dyno runs, then blast down the track for a 12 second et @190:rolleyes: mph.

Ok, The GN was a great feat in American muscle cars, if you will. Sure it is not a v8, sure its not fast in todays standards, because technology now allows engines to get more hp and thebetter mpg than the GN did stock. I love my GN, I'll never get rid of it, ever. Sure a 700+hp 4 cyl is awesome. That much power out of that engine is unbelievable almost. There is a definite difference between ricer (all show no go) and racer (all go). The GN is an American icon. Times have changed. We need to keep our GN reputation afloat as a "dont f*ck with them* attitude from other drivers. We need not to fight amongst ourselves anymore... What few owners of T-types that we have is dwindling daily. You shouldnt have an 18 year old preaching this **** to you either.

Originally posted by GNFURY
OK, I'll give you impressive, but lets look at the tail of the tape.....
The little car doesn't make ANY real power untill 7-9000 rpm! That sux. That car is a DYNO QUEEN and would get puullled on before any power showed itself. Who cares if it makes 700 horses on the dyno! Can it beat anything on the track/street? There are ALOT of us here that would smoke that car with our measily 500 horse/600+ft. lb. cars!:D That car sux. Can you say...Toyota Supra??? They pull 1200 HP dyno runs, then blast down the track for a 12 second et @190:rolleyes: mph.

That is a single digit e.t. car, and would walk 90% of this board. :)

Originally posted by Robes87GN
Ok, The GN was a great feat in American muscle cars, if you will. Sure it is not a v8, sure its not fast in todays standards, because technology now allows engines to get more hp and thebetter mpg than the GN did stock. I love my GN, I'll never get rid of it, ever. Sure a 700+hp 4 cyl is awesome. That much power out of that engine is unbelievable almost. There is a definite difference between ricer (all show no go) and racer (all go). The GN is an American icon. Times have changed. We need to keep our GN reputation afloat as a "dont f*ck with them* attitude from other drivers. We need not to fight amongst ourselves anymore... What few owners of T-types that we have is dwindling daily. You shouldnt have an 18 year old preaching this **** to you either.
Amen, man...this is what I'm feeling! And that automorph clown needs to read the previous posts before making any statements.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.