Wastgate

Black Buick

Hi guys, been here since January a love this site! On my 87 gn with 25,000 miles on it just don't seam to have the power I think it should have, after watching black air . The turbo spools up but I don't get any sort of wheel spin when I really get into it at about 35 mph an on. Could the wast gate not be getting enough vacuum to operate properly? This car is stock I don't have a after market boost gage so don't know exact pound. Also I never hear the depreasure sound of the turbo that da da da when letting off! Any one understand me lol don't know all the lingo ?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

A stock GN doesn't make the da da da sound lol, it makes more of a flutter noise, and if you have the stock airbox its hard to hear. Also, as far as my personal experience, my stock GN did not spin the tires at 35mph....I would start putting some gauges in the car before you blow it up! :)

Thanks baby6, I did put oil and water in a pillar but just found out the stock boost Gage's are junk. Don't get me wrong the car runs good, just thought it was lagging a little, don't know how long the car sat before I bought it, may just be jumping the gun! Thanks!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app