wastegate vacuum line

87rdgn

I bought a truck a week ago and had to fix a leaking head gasket.It has a turbo v6 in it.When I was taking the turbo off,they had the vacuum y line off the turbo plugged into the water inlet on the throttle body.I know the line is not supposed to be hooked up there.Would the wastegate not open and have no control over boost pressure?Can I hook up the line from the turbo to the wastegate to control the boost?

first investigate.....

why it wasn't properly connected in the first place. ie, bad turbo, fuel regulator, vacuum leaks, sol.valve,etc. Whatever the case, it is most likely the cause for the h/g failure. w/o a plug or boost controller on the opposite port of the tb there would be no control.

The person that owened the truck has a younger guy working for him and I think he hooked it up that way thinking it was a vacuum port on the t.b.Can I just hook the turbo vacuum line to the wastegate vacuum line and control the boost by adjusting the length of the wastegate rod?Thanks for the reply.

I f you look close you can see the line hooked up to the water inlet on the t.b.Here is another picture of it the day I picked it up.It is a 1975 datsun model 620.

Attachments

• DSCF0392.jpg
    DSCF0392.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 228
  • DSCF0400.jpg
    DSCF0400.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 236
What a cool toy! That thing has got to be a ton of fun.

The line should be hooked to the turbo housing. A bleeder valve can be used inline to the raise boost. RJC sells one that works really well.

Something else from the pics, It looks like your wbo2 is in the header before the turbo. That should be after the turbo down stream a little. The sensor does not like heat and pressure. ;)

Thanks for the input.I think I might just move it.I didn't know w.b.o2 sensors are like that.It was placed there when I got it.It has a FAST EFI system and a MSD DIS-4 spark control box in it.The turbo in the picture didn't come with the truck.it is for another car they are building.I put my stock one on it for now.I will probably upgrade to a te60 later on.It has hyperutechtical pistons in it and I don't want to hurt a piston doing something stupid.I have a te44 on my GN and like how it works.The truck weighs about 2500 lbs and went mid 11's on a stock motor.

I just thought I would show an update on moving my wideband 02 and changing the neck on the intercooler.I would like to thank my friend Justin for his help in fabricating and weld skills.Thanks for everyones input.

Attachments

• DSCF0414.jpg
    DSCF0414.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCF0415.jpg
    DSCF0415.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 168
The track doesn't open till april 16.I still have to learn the fast efi and get use to the reverse manual cheetah shifter in it.

the person that owened the truck has a younger guy working for him and i think he hooked it up that way thinking it was a vacuum port on the t.b.can i just hook the turbo vacuum line to the wastegate vacuum line and control the boost by adjusting the length of the wastegate rod?thanks for the reply.

to answer your question yes you can hook up the line to the wastegate and turbo air side and adjust your boost. By the way love your truck the flake looks kick ass.

Thanks.The guy that built the truck likes purple metalic.He has built a few cars in different shades of purple.