wastegate spring question???

ThatDamGoldCar

not a Buick nutt hugger
Any idea what psi spring came with this 46mm knockoff wastegate on my 3.5 inch downpipe?
What psi is it and what should i have on it? I assume the spring pressure is when the wastegate starts to open?
Someone please educate me..
Wastegate.jpg

Not sure that that one is but the one that came in my PTE 42mm was 18psi I need to add a spring or change mine out to a 24psi and have not found any.
All you could do is try it and see, get up to 3rd gear or hit a Freeway on ramp and nail it see where it goes to just watch both the Boost gauge and the knock. Best guess would be its between 14-18psi thats about normal and that spring is pretty big so thats my guess. It didnt come with any other springs? They normally come with 2 or 3 and some shims as well.

Larry, sorry I didn't get back to you yet. Had to work this weekend and now doing Mother's day stuff. More than likely a 10lb spring. Throw some regulated air at it and see when it opens. I never got any extra springs with any wastegate I ever bought!

I have the same wastegate and downpipe. That is one of the large diameter springs. It is etiher the yellow 8.7, red 10.1, green 11.6, or the blue 13.0. Mine came with the small diameter blue 7.2. The numbers don't necessarily mean much about what boost you get with a particular combo. My small blue 7.2 spring was getting me 25 plus psi boost until I bought a large front mount intercooler. Then it would only get me 15. This is using a turbonetics manual boost controller by the way. Right now I have the large red and the small blue springs in it and can hit around 20 psi. It uses the same springs as the real deal TIAL WG 46 mm gate. You can order them anywhere, 30 bucks each. You just have to experiment with different springs to get the boost you want. Hope this helps.

Thanks Brian,I did a test on it today ,it seems to be a 10 psi spring.It has no color probably since its a garbage china knockoff...Im thinking on putting a 15 psi on it since my goal is about 25 psi with this car.The real Tial units are $500+..I can get 10 different copies for $ 40-100. INSANE

i need to take mine apart and see whats going on inside of it! Some days it spooled quick to 20ish then other days it acts like its stuck open, struggling to make it above 10psi then slowly building with rpms! I was at the huge Ocean city maryland hot rod weekend a couple days ago and its embarassing when then car refuses to do a rolling burnout haha