Wastegate Solenoid

DanielWE4

Should i run the wastegate solenoid .when i have the line hooked up to my solenoid my boost goes up 20 pounds .when i unhook it my boost stay,were i have the wastegate set at 16 pounds do i need to run the wastegate solenoid?

can get manual boost controller, such as RJC, can make one but to drill bleeder hole you would need somthing like a 32nd drill bit or smaller:eek:

Anyway back off on rod till 1/8th inch from puck tang and hook up to solenoid and try.

I backed off my boost so I can understand, was running 25#s and now im about 21 to 23 on street

You say that when you hook it up to the solenoid it goes to 20 but when you unhook it (tuner style)??? meaning just run line from your port to actuator its only at 16 right?

the grainger valve setup for manual BC runs from the port on comp housing to actuator..bypasses the solenoid.

the solenoid has the two ports..one for the line and the other left open to bleed, maybe its just not bleeding boost and your getting the creep, dunno

i have it set up tuner style and what i set the wastegate at is what i get 16to17 pounds at wot.than when i hook the vac line up to the solenoid the boost goes up 20 pounds and thats not even at wot .dont get me wrong it feels good at 20 i just need to know it i should that rjc controler to fix that i dont want to blow up my motor ya know

whats the chip say? is it 93? at 18#s? if ya get the RJCBC setup, it works good, simple
but if adjusted too tight it will hammer max boost hard, i had to back off a couple of turns to ramp slowly.

is the motor broke in yet?

gotcha,

others have more experience on here when it comes to breaking in these blocks with boost so hopefully one or two will post.

If it were me I wouldnt even jump into it untill broken in but once it is:D