Wastegate Solenoid

TtypeWH1

I was checking my egr solenoid the other day and found that the wastegate solenoid and vacuum lines going to it were full of oil.
I was just wondering if it could be my PVC valve. Just a guess.
Any Ideas? Thanks for all the help.

oil in lines

i found a lot of oil in my vacuum lines when i changed my turbo.
turbo was leaking oil on intake side .
something to check.
andy

I will check the turbo. I hope thats not it because the turbo only has about 400 miles on it. Would'nt it smoke a lot if the turbo was bad? It smoked bad before i got the turbo rebuilt. Now it puffs just a little, barely even visible when you really mash the gas from a dead stop for the first time. After that it seems to be ok. So i take it that my solenoid is probably bad now since it was full of oil? Thanks for all the advice. I know i need all i can get.

It could very well be the pcv valve. If you haven't changed it, I recommend that you to. If you shake it and the centre rattles when you do, it might still be good, but might as well replace it, as its only a couple bux for a new one. Also, I had this problem because of the vented rube that connects from the maf hose to the oil filler neck was in place. After a few months, I would notice caked on oil in and around soem of the vacuum lines, especially after I changed the seal between the throttlebody and the turbo. Lots of pressure there, and I noticed that after awhile it sucks excess oil in the tube, as well as inm the throttlebody. When I converted to the TM intercooler kit, I put on a K&N oil breather tube and plugged the maf hole, and haven't had the problem since. So if you are still running the stock filler neck with the hose connected to that and the maf, that could be your problem as well...

HTH