wastegate placement

Dreamcar86

In the process of building the new engine and making a few changes along the way. One is the internal wastegate. Looking to install an external wastegate however not real sure if placement is critical.
My thoughts were to weld a pipe off of the exhaust manifold. Is this as good a place as any or do I need to re-think this?

Looking at a 38 mm Tial. Is this a good choice for external wastegates?

Wastegate size has a lot to do with engine displacement and lowest amount of boost you plan on running. A 38mm will be plenty if you plan on mid teen boost levels at lowest.

Try to put it under the turbo off the collector. This will give you the best control as all the cylinders will have met there. Doing it off a cross over can be a pain if you plan on running low boost, it's only puking 3 cylinders.

In the process of building the new engine and making a few changes along the way. One is the internal wastegate. Looking to install an external wastegate however not real sure if placement is critical.
My thoughts were to weld a pipe off of the exhaust manifold. Is this as good a place as any or do I need to re-think this?

Looking at a 38 mm Tial. Is this a good choice for external wastegates?

If your looking for a wastegate i have a new one that i will probably never use here is a link. Let me know if your interested I can send pix. comes with flanges and studs.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/230844-deltagate.html?highlight=luisturbog

Wastegate size has a lot to do with engine displacement and lowest amount of boost you plan on running. A 38mm will be plenty if you plan on mid teen boost levels at lowest.

Try to put it under the turbo off the collector. This will give you the best control as all the cylinders will have met there. Doing it off a cross over can be a pain if you plan on running low boost, it's only puking 3 cylinders.

My plan is to run a minimum of 16 psi and a max of 25. Thank you for the feedback. That is good information to know.

My buddy did not realize what he had. It is a 42mm. Will this still work?