Was someone looking for SS exhaust?

Toady

I thought I saw a post like that a few days ago, but now I can't find it.

Anyway, the new Summit catalog came and they carry Pypes systems now. The description says this is a stainless system with mufflers for $330. Pypes Street Pro Exhaust Systems: PYE-SGG53S I checked on the Pypes website, and PN PYE-SGG53S shows as a stainless cat-back system for G-bodies. Their site is a bit confusing as far as what you actually get in a given system, though.

Could it really be stainless with mufflers for $330? :cool:

It's not you

I didn't look super close the first time, but the pic is of a cat-back with GN tailpipes, while the description says rear (SS) exits and including x-pipe. ??? I always went by the guideline that if it fit a Monte SS - which is listed - it would fit an LC2 Buick, but now I'm not so sure.

Might be worth a call to Summit to see, because if it is as advertised, it's less than the Hooker system which is aluminized. That would be the deal of the year.

SGG-53 is monte SS style exit tailpipes
SGG-50 is GN / behind the tire exit
"S" is 'street pro' mufflers
Summit also carries the SGG-50R which is GN type exits with 'race pro' muffs, which appear better to me... same price (well $0.30 more)... you have to use the summit 'search' engine to find the SGG50R... not sure why... and yep,
$329 for stainless... waiting for a bit more feedback on fit, etc. (see my other/new post). NGNOWNER just bought it, (Not sure which muffs he got - NGNOWNER????) and has mostly good things to say.. says tail pipes are a bit shorter (stealthy), and a bit closer to tire, and had to drill new holes in frame for tailpipes, but no big deal. Otherwise, great fit, tucks up well, sounds fantastic he says... Others w/ experience??

I'm thinking it's the bomb-diggidy deal....!