Wanted to show off my polishing work.

YouLikeThat

This is what I did today.
The turbo was a new casting. The pipes were raw aluminum and the DC Tech cover I got used and had to touch up.
PolishingMISCKIDS012.jpg

PolishingMISCKIDS011.jpg

PolishingMISCKIDS010.jpg

wow, looks better then chrome. get them clear coated so they stay that way:cool:

So post your technique and what you used to achieve the look.

I would really want to learn and try and do that. :eek:

Dannyo

wow, looks better then chrome. get them clear coated so they stay that way:cool:
Thanks! When the get bad I'll just touch them up. My intercooler pipes haven't been on the buffing wheel in years and still look good.

So post your technique and what you used to achieve the look.

I would really want to learn and try and do that. :eek:

Dannyo

Well, prep is the secret. I'll start with a 3m Scotch brite wheel on my die grinder to take care of any big nicks/castings
Then start with 80 to 150 grit paper depending on how bad the metal is.
Then I'll work my way up to 400-600 grit paper.
Then I have a Jet buffing machine 2750 rpm I belive. start with Emery on a cotton sewn wheel then work to white on a cotton sewn wheel. I sometimes move to a loose cotton wheel with white for a better finish if I think it needs it.

It can get expensive and is nasty work. I get most of my stuff from Buffing Polishing Supplies Buffing Wheels Compound Polishing Aluminum Polishing Kit - Caswell Inc. and they have some good tips also. One more thing, keep your wheels/rakes/gloves etc. separate from other compounds.
Good luck

hello people; Real nice work. It seems with alum. it does'nt matter how much work you put into it there's always more to do. Maybe there's a sealer or wax you can use to keep them lookin like that longer. I just use the scotchbrite on things as I don't like the shine.
IBBY

hello people; Real nice work. It seems with alum. it does'nt matter how much work you put into it there's always more to do. Maybe there's a sealer or wax you can use to keep them lookin like that longer. I just use the scotchbrite on things as I don't like the shine.
IBBY

ZOOPSEAL. Look it up online. I used it on a set of Boyds wheels and have run them since spring, just wash and go STILL shine great!