wanted deep trans pan for 200r

Attachments

• 200-4R pan.jpg
    200-4R pan.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 436
That looks like a really good deal on a trans pan...wonder how well the floor shifted shift cable brackets fit up against it? Anyone have a testimonial?

I don't have one, but these pans have been around for a while. This is the best price I have ever seen for a new one.

Inside the pan there are aluminum stands to hold the stock filter in place. To use a bottom feeding 700r4 filter, I believe the rear stands have to be ground down a bit for clearance. If you wanted to use one of Bruce's bottom feeder kits, you'd likely have to remove those stands all together.

I made my own deep pan by combining two stock pans. I cut the bottom out of one, and the top off the other and then welded them together. Not the trettiest pan out there, but you can't beat the price. Then, I made my own bottom feeding filter setuo by simply using household copper water pipe, a copper plate and a th200 filter.

I think to make the deep pan with bottom feeding filter unit cost maybe $10 for copper pipe, fittings, and plate and another 10 or so for the th200 filter. The second pan I already had. Unbeatable for $20. ;)

I used to have pictures of it, but the host I had stored the pictures on shut down and i lost them. I might have copies somewhere if you want to see my setup.

I'd like to see what you did myself so please see if you can find them.

Ok I found them. Here is the pan. It isn't super pretty here, but with a coat of paint it looks quite nice:

pan1.JPG

pan2.JPG

pan3.JPG

The sump is held in place by the the electrical strap in the last pic using one of the valve body bolts:

sump1.JPG

sump2.JPG

sump3.JPG

sump4.JPG

nice

nice work - little grinding on the weld and a paint job it will look nice ..

Looks kinda what I was thinking about doing myself. Where's the bracket mount and how much fluid did it add to the tranny?

I don't have one, but these pans have been around for a while. This is the best price I have ever seen for a new one.

Inside the pan there are aluminum stands to hold the stock filter in place. To use a bottom feeding 700r4 filter, I believe the rear stands have to be ground down a bit for clearance. If you wanted to use one of Bruce's bottom feeder kits, you'd likely have to remove those stands all together.

The PTS Bottom Feeder pickup wont work without Mods. in a Cast aluminum pan because it is much longer & sits at the very rear of the Sheet Aluminum pan. The Sheet pan has only one level and no divider. There's a Pic of the pickup in this thread.>> http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/transmission-talk/281500-pts-pan-pickup.html
Pic of Shallow PTS pan here>> http://www.2004rperformancecenter.com/mcartfree/product.asp?intProdID=35

Looks kinda what I was thinking about doing myself. Where's the bracket mount and how much fluid did it add to the tranny?

As I noted above the sump pictures, you use one of the valvebody bolts to secure it. I can't really remember how much extra fluid it holds, but it is considerable. Probably around 3-4 litres.

The PTS Bottom Feeder pickup wont work without Mods. in a Cast aluminum pan because it is much longer & sits at the very rear of the Sheet Aluminum pan. The Sheet pan has only one level and no divider. There's a Pic of the pickup in this thread.>> http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/transmission-talk/281500-pts-pan-pickup.html
Pic of Shallow PTS pan here>> Product Information

Yes you'd likely have to shorten the PTS bottom feeder to a similar length I made mine, to have it work with the cast pan. My welded pan and the cast pan are similar in fit an function. Both mimic the stock pan with extra depth in the front.

He He He He....

I see my idea has caught on! ;)
Our pans , both deep and shallow, have been selling like crazy lately.
Our pans are a very neat and problem solving pieces.
We get more compliments on this product than any other we sell.
The welding is second to none and quality costs.
I also see how some people have copied my idea of the sump.
Good for you.. however, toss me a bone for the idea, ROFL heheheheh
I think it is funny. Whatever works I guess. Nevermind the hours of designing and testing, LOL

I still believe they are the best quality and performance, pan and sump system on the market today!

Just ask someone who has one!

Ask Dale Cherry@ Berrel Auto or Injection Connection about his experiances. He is non-bias and will tell you of his plight and how he has overcome it.

Here is a link to the pans if anybody is interested.
Deep Pan: Product Information
Shallow Pan: Product Information

Enjoy the weekend boyz....:biggrin:

Bruce
We4
Performance Transmission Services

Attachments

• pans.jpg
    pans.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 289
  • Bottom_feeder_sh.jpg
    Bottom_feeder_sh.jpg