WANTED!! 3.42 Posi 8.5" axle assembly

aldog46

I'm new to your forum- just found you yesterday. I need a complete drum to drum 3.42 POSI 8.5" rear axle assembly from a GN- building a hotrod 79 El Camino. Have $$ and will buy fairly priced unit immediately. Thanx, Al in AZ contact @ aldog46@msn.com or (520)300-0711.

Dave, Is your price quote shipped in to me in Tucson, AZ? If not, where are you re: shipping cost? Al

OK, so the $1000. quote is plus freight. I'll ponder that & see what other replies I get. Thanx, Al

Hi Dave, Is your rear end dead stock? Cast iron or alum drums ( I assume it is complete drum-to-drum)? E-brake cables there & uncut? 3.42 ratio tag & limited slip tags both there? How rusty is the housing; describe condition. Is driveshaft available? Did you own this car & drive it or was it just a parts car you bought? I know you reported 51,000 miles; no history of racing?? Sorry to ask so many questions but part is a lot of $$ Thanx, Al

i have sold 1 today 1 last week and another about a month ago and i got $950 each for them! there is no limited slip tags on these and there is no tags pertaining to gear ratio at least i have not seen these tags in the 40 8.5 rears that i have had.

i have sold 1 today 1 last week and another about a month ago and i got $950 each for them! there is no limited slip tags on these and there is no tags pertaining to gear ratio at least i have not seen these tags in the 40 8.5 rears that i have had.

FYI: the gear ratio is not on a tag, but it IS stamped (via code) on the axle housing. They DID, however, come from the factory with the limited slip tags. :)

FYI: the gear ratio is not on a tag, but it IS stamped (via code) on the axle housing. They DID, however, come from the factory with the limited slip tags. :)

i have seen the tags but NEVER on a g body 8.5 rear and like i said i probably have had 40 of them, i doubt that every single car that i have gotten somebody took the tags off.i have had lower mileage original unmolested cars in addition to the junkers. i knew about the stampings .

i have seen the tags but NEVER on a g body 8.5 rear and like i said i probably have had 40 of them, i doubt that every single car that i have gotten somebody took the tags off.i have had lower mileage original unmolested cars in addition to the junkers. i knew about the stampings .

I guess all three cars I've had somebody must have put them on there afterwords....:redface: 40-3....you must be right. :rolleyes: Just trying to help....

Thats odd, I've had them on two of my posi rear ends and not on another two. So people added these tags?:confused: Why on Earth would someone do that?

i use to part out 2nd gen trans ams and i had about 75 of them and they almost always had the tags for limited slip additive.i also use to part out older 69-72 grand prix's and gto's and lemans' and those cars also had posi tags but never on a 8.5 g body posi rear????

Dennis has sold those limited slip tags for YEARS !! Probably has sold several thousand of them threw the years.

Huh? Learn something new everyday! I think I may still have one of those tags in my tool box.

WANTED... 3.42 POSI 8.5 GN rear end

So.... who is Dennis & how do I get hold of him? I want the ltd slip tag. Al