Want to run a 275/60/15

Will more than likely will rub against the frame. I am running a 4" backspaced Centerline Rev wheel with the same size tire and it is tight to the frame rail. A lot depends on what height your car sits at. Mine is lowered quite a bit.

8 inch wheel with 4.5 backspace will work if you have aluminum drums and a very small spacer 1/8, or steel drums with a 1/4 or 5/16 spacer but you still need to look or trim the wheel well. Check to make sure the body is centered on the frame and the rear end is located properly for the best fit to. I had 8 inch with 4 backspace and it got into the wheel well trim pretty bad with 275/ 60 mt drag radials. But we are really only talking about a 1/4 either way and the height plays a big role.

Thanks
Bill

Works fine with a stock T type rim, but with a 4.5 bs rim you might have a rub.
DSCN0737.jpg

Works fine with a stock T type rim, but with a 4.5 bs rim you might have a rub.
DSCN0737.jpg

That's what I like to hear. Before I get too excited, are those the factory 7" wide too? I only use my t wheels at the strip but I'd like to step up to this tire from the 255 I run now. Although I have gotten numerous 1.5x 60's with just the 255's, I'm hoping to gear it down a bit yet.

That's what I like to hear. Before I get too excited, are those the factory 7" wide too? I only use my t wheels at the strip but I'd like to step up to this tire from the 255 I run now. Although I have gotten numerous 1.5x 60's with just the 255's, I'm hoping to gear it down a bit yet.
Yup 7" wide. They "crown" the tire a bit, but they still work. These are Hoosiers in the pic. 1.53 60ft with a soft 1-2psi boost launch

click for vid:

Yup 7" wide. They "crown" the tire a bit, but they still work. These are Hoosiers in the pic. 1.53 60ft with a soft 1-2psi boost launch

click for vid:

Very nice! Footbrake? Nice rinkle and everything. Are you a fellow WE4 owner too? I can't remember if they came with the spoiler or not...

Very nice! Footbrake? Nice rinkle and everything. Are you a fellow WE4 owner too? I can't remember if they came with the spoiler or not...
Yup off the foot brake! 16lb pressure. The old beater is actually not a WE4. It rolled off the assembly line black with blackout package and chrome bumpers. Kinda weird.... I think they built a couple hundred like that before somebody said "that looks stupid. paint the bumpers black" and WE4 was born. But that's just speculation.

I run 275/60/15 Hankook Venturas on a stock GN rim. Slight rubbing in really tight corners, but otherwise its fine. They are my daily driving tires :D.

Zack

15x10 with 3.75 back spacing with 325/50/15 no rubbing just had to trim lip. Also have gnx flares to make them fit.