Want a turbo Buick.......for free?

85zoom

What gives? For free? Yup. A friend and I were chatting when cars came into subject. To make a long story short, he was looking for a mid to large size car for the oval track when he spocked a Buick sitting in the garage. When he went to offer money for the car, the very elderly woman said "you can have it for free, it hasn't been driven in years." Being too busy, he told me to check it out and if I want it, tow it home. So during work, I snuck out and looked at it ( you know by now it was killing me to find out). Maroon, bulge in hood, yup, a turbo. Do you know how tempting it is to end this post and leave the curious hanging? Very! So, looks like an '83 carbed turbo. Needs paint and tlc. Along with a customer's networking and dsl acting up, I had an interesting friday. How was yours?:D :D :D

And it's still there. I didn't take it. The woman said every one says they want it, but no one comes back to get it.

How come you didn't take it?

It would've been in front of my house by now.... :eek: :D

I checked it out today.....

Rob, you probably don't want this one. :eek: Gimme a call if you want details. :D

Volo auto museum in Hawaii

Anyone familiar with the Volo auto museum in Illinois? Well, if we all give Rob our defunked TR's for his yard, that could turn out to be an awesome display. Mind you, Rob, your yard would need at least 20 TR's to qualify.

:eek: :cool: :D

so don't leave us hanging!!
why is the car not good? rotted frame rails??
that is my guess and it should have some decent parts on it, right?
we all dream of a free turbo Buick...lol, but not ones with rot. :(

John C.
LedSLED Motorsports
->wheel and tire guy extraordinaire :D

okay, okay.....I wish it were an '83, but..

The car is a carbed turbo '80 Sport Coupe. :eek:

The body is shot. It looks like it's been sitting there SINCE 1980. :eek: The motor looks to be in decent shape, if anyone wants to pull it. It SHOULD still have the rolled fillet turbo crank. (I don't really need it as I have a spare one already :))

It did have aluminum drums ...I got one side off, but the other is stuck on there pretty good. I'm going to buy a drum puller, unless I can borrow one from someone here. :cool:

Geoff

I might qualify for the museum thingy.... you havent been to my house yet<grin>

Hey g-man!
you want to tell the folks from the real big island about the other car?.....
Robert

If you are referring to the Blue Meanie on the top rack, I will be stripping it sunday. Hopefully, the boss will let me store the engine/trans at the yard. Would also like to keep the rearend if it's a posi. I think the rest of the car is toast.