Wallboro fuel pump question

ken nelson

I have the Wallboro 340 hot wired I put it in about 2 years ago and have maybe a few hundred miles on it. the other day I tried to start the car and I didn't hear the pump come on needless to say the car wont start.I have power on the hot wire back to what I think is a relay that came with the hot wire kit is there any way to test this relay.The last time I drove the car I had to crank it over three different times before it started up once it started it ran fine. Anyone know of any past problems with these pumps or could there be something else I can check, all fuses are good. Any ideas greatly appreciated thank you, ken Nelson 85 ttype

Hmmmm. Sounds like the defective Walbro pump. Get a new one from Fullthrottle and replace it. Brad

Try this;
Disconnect the hotwire at the tank and reconnect factory wiring. See if the pump runs when you turn the key.
If not, leave factory connection and apply 12V to the single black connector by the coil pack. This should power the pump.
If not, you need to verify relay on the PS side fender.
If the wiring and relay checks out OK, ECM may be the issue . . . . But, If all else fails, look in the sticky for the pump wiring schematic.

Thanks for the info I sure hope its not the pump not a lot of time to put a pump in and not many good driving days left before the snow.Thanks again, Ken