Walboro fuel pump takes a dump with less than 600 miles on it!!

sonseeker

Thanks to Full throttle for notifying us about these,Not! Called them told them how many miles it had and they said tuff crap,needed to have happened before 4-1-09. Heck mine is put to bed in Oct and doesn't come out of hibernation till May 15th or later.Why didnt they notify us by email?

Not to be a jerk but if you did a search this was all over the board and they did (not only Fullthrotthle but others as well) notify the members as to how the warrenty went with the bad units

Yep, it's your fault, you should've known. You should've spent more time on the boards, you can't expect a company with a known defect to inform their vendors to issue a recall to customers who purchased the item to return it for a new one. You also should've known that the recall was only going to be around until April because that's how recalls generally work, the silent ones at least. :rolleyes:

Please don't reply back saying you're looking for a new Walbro to replace it.:eek: Denso 280, it's made without Chinese components.

Thanks to Full throttle for notifying us about these,Not! Called them told them how many miles it had and they said tuff crap,needed to have happened before 4-1-09. Heck mine is put to bed in Oct and doesn't come out of hibernation till May 15th or later.Why didnt they notify us by email?

Thats not Full Throttles fault. Same thing happened to me. If it worked when you put it in the car, then its on you. Full Throttle doesn't make the fuel pumps so why would they be the bad guy? The good thing is that these units are pretty cheap. Either get a new one or buy a different brand pump all entirely. Thats what I did. Sucks, yes. But you can't point fingers at vendors for selling a pump. Do you really think they want to hear negitive feed back on the boards? No, so they would not purposely sell you a dud just so they could get lit up online. Its just luck of the draw.

Waaaaaabulance enroute.....:rolleyes:

I feel for you guy, but Mike did go way above and beyond on the bad 169 Walbro pumps. I missed the deadline by 3 days but that's owning one of these
darn Turbo Buicks.We also have to store ours away up here for some months.Just buck up and move on and I'm sure all will fine for you.